The Dance And Malia Missing

The dance was a few days later. Scott came and picked me up in his mother's car. I wanted Scott to pick me up, so he did.

Lydia, Kira, Malia, and Liam were already there when Scott and I arrived. Kira and Malia were dancing together. Lydia was dancing with her new boyfriend, Aiden. Liam was dancing with Hayden. Liam's friend, Mason, was dancing with his boyfriend.

Scott and I walked over to where everyone was dancing. Scott put his hands on my waist, I rested mine on his shoulders. I laid my head on his shoulder.

Some people were looking at us. Probably wondering why the most popular kid in school was dancing with the least popular kid in school.

Scott apparently noticed them staring because he shouted, "Take a picture! It'll last longer!"

I laughed. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, baby."

"Baby?" I questioned with a smirk.

"You're my baby," Scott replied.

I smiled. "I love you, Scotty."

"I love you too, baby."

"I had this dream about you the other night," I said.

"Really? When? What happened?" Scott asked.

"The day before we said, 'I love you.' I was walking through the woods. I stopped at a meadow. You were sitting there. You asked if I was in love with you. I said yes. You told me to wake up and tell you. So, the next day I did," I explained.

"I'm glad you told me," Scott said.

"Me too."

We danced for a little while longer. We didn't talk, just danced. Kira walked up to us.

"Guys, something happened. I was dancing with Malia. I stopped to get some punch that she had asked for. When I got back, she was gone. I looked everywhere. I looked inside, in the halls, even outside. She's gone," Kira explained.

"Maybe she got sick and went home," I said nervously.

"She would have told me," Kira said.

"Let's look some more. Get Liam and Hayden to help," Scott said.

Kira walked off to find Liam and Hayden.

"I can get Liam's friend, Mason, and his boyfriend, Corey, to help," I said.

I walked off in search of Mason and Corey. Scott came with me.

"Mason, Corey! Malia's missing. Help us look," I told them.

The two of them went off and searched. Scott and I searched outside. I called Malia, but she didn't pick up.

"Stiles, we'll find her," Scott said reassuringly.

"What if we don't?" I asked. "She's my best friend. Something bad could have happened. I can't lose her."

"Stiles, it'll be okay. We'll find her."

We heard a scream. It was coming from the woods by the school. It sounded like Malia. Scott and I ran towards the sound.

We reached the woods. We saw Malia out cold on the ground. No one else was around.

I called 911. Scott picked her up and put her in his car.

I texted Kira and told her to tell the others.

"An ambulance will be here soon," I said.

Liam, Hayden, Mason, Corey, and Kira ran up to us.

"What happened?" Hayden asked.

"We heard a scream coming from the woods," Scott replied. "Malia was out cold. No one else was around, though."

We heard an ambulance. They got out and put Malia on a stretcher. Kira rode with them.

Scott and I rode in his car to the hospital. The others took Mason's car.

When we arrived at the hospital, Kira and Malia's father were in the waiting room. The others were there too.

Malia's mother had died in childbirth. So, it was just Malia and her father, Mr. Tate.

"What happened?" Mr. Tate asked us.

We told him everything that we knew.

The doctor walked out. He told us that Malia was awake. He let us in to see her.

We all walked in. I pulled up a chair beside her and sat down.

"What happened, Malia?" I asked gently.

"Kira and I were dancing. I asked her to go get us some punch. I heard someone repeatedly call my name. I followed the sound outside. I was grabbed from behind. Taken into the woods. I was thrown on the ground. I screamed. Then, he hit me over the head with something," Malia explained.

"Do you know who attacked you?" Mr. Tate asked.

"No. I couldn't see his face. It was too dark. He didn't say anything either."

"He must of ran off when he heard me coming," Scott said.

Just then, Mrs. McCall walked in. She walked over to Malia and asked how she felt.

"I feel fine. Just a headache," Malia replied.

We all walked out. Mrs. McCall followed.

"Mom, is she going to be okay?" Scott asked.

"She's going to be fine. Malia should be released tomorrow," she answered.

Scott drove me home.

"Stiles, I love you," Scott said.

"I love you too, Scott," I replied.

Scott kissed me, then left. I walked inside and told Derek everything that happened with Malia. Then, I went to bed.