Chapter One: I guess we're gonna be roommates

Hey! This is a new story I'm trying out! hopefully you guys like it! vote or comment and let me know what you guys think!

-A

***

One:

           “You’re joking right?” I let out a humorless laugh. Normally this situation would be quite common for me. I always procrastinated. But this was totally not my fault. This was my first semester at the university, and I made sure that everything was set. I did all my applications, registered for classes, did all my scholarship papers, and most importantly I applied for a dorm room. The one time I actually did everything on time this happens! Way to teach me a lesson…

                “I’m sorry Ms. Collins, but there is nothing that I can do.” She didn’t seem too sorry, in fact it seemed like she didn’t care at all.

                “What do you mean there’s nothing you can do?” I angrily crossed my arms and made the best scowl I could. The woman behind the counter in the student services office just stared back at me. Obviously complaining wasn’t going to get me anywhere with her, so I decided to play the sympathy card. I sighed and placed both hands on the counter in front of me. “Okay listen,” I took a second to look at her name tag. People seem to respond when you use their name.  “Maggie, I really need this dorm. I filed an application and was approved months ago. I followed all the rules. For some reason there was a huge mix up in the system,” I tried to bite back the anger that rose to the surface when I thought about how ridiculous this whole situation was. “why should I be penalized for an error in the system?”

                Maggie sat there for a second longer then leaned forward in her seat and began typing away on the computer stationed in front of her. After a few minutes she looked back up at me while removing her glasses. “Sophie, like I said before there isn’t much I can do…but it looks like there was an opening this morning. It’s yours if you want it.”

                “Yes! I’ll take it!” I beamed enthusiastically. Hmmp, ‘Nothing I can do’ my butt! This was a prime example of how a positive attitude can turn things around.

                The look on Maggies face stopped me from rejoicing further.  “There is one thing that you should know about the dorm though.” I raised an eye brow telling her to continue. “It’s co-ed.”

                Co-ed….The universe truly hates me. I literally felt all hope leave my body as my shoulders slumped and my head fell into my palms. “could my life get worse?” I said defeated. 

                As if to say ‘yes Sophie it sure as heck can!’ Maggie added “the student that is currently in that room is a male.” I groaned and began hitting my forehead against my hands that were still on the counter. “It’s your only option if you want to live on campus…”

                “I know, I know…my parents would not like this.”

                This caused Maggie to let out a small laugh. “It’s just a semester.  I’ll also put your name on a waiting list so if a room becomes available in the girls dorm we’ll contact you.”

                “Ugh.” I closed my eyes. “I’ll take it.”

***

“This could be so fun!”  Ava gushed.

                “I could give you ten reason why this will not be fun.” I countered “and aren’t you supposed to be mourning the loss of me as your roommate?”