Chapter 18: Emily

"He works here." Time says to me. "H-hee what!!?" I ask him trying not to yell at him. "I'm joking! You should have seen your face!!" Tim says laughing. "That's not funny." I tell him trying not to sound that mad. "I'm sorry." He says to me. "Its ok. I just really don't like him." Tim stops walking, "What did he do?" He asks in a tone full of serious. "Its what he didn't do." I say not wanting to talk about it with him.  "Oh, I see. Well have you listed to the video I sent you?" Tim asks me changing the topic. "Uh, The music one?" "Yup." "Then no I haven't, I'll hear it when I'm at home. " I tell him. "Okay. I think you'll like it. Its a girl singer unlike the other songs you've been hearing. Its called Somebody to love. " He tells me reading my mind. "Cool. I'll text you my option on it. I'll see you later. " I say walking away from my best friend to see my boyfriend. 

      Im suddenly stopped, "Hi, Im new here . Can you show me around?" A girl asks me. "Yeah, Im Brandy. Whats your name?" "Emily. Its nice to meet you." She pull me in a hug. "Oh. Hi." I say while wrapping my arms around her. Emily steps back and says, "Oh, Im sorry. I come from a big family .. We hug a lot." She then does a light chuckle. Emily has light brown hair, almost like the color of caramel on a Starbucks drink. Her eyes are green and shes around 5'3 , (my height.) "Its fine. I'm going to room 36B. One of my favorite people is in there." I say not wanting to tell her about Nathan just yet. "Your ..Boyfriend?" She asks. Dang it! "Yeah.." I say  blushing. "Its right here." I say and take a right.  Nathan is asleep when we get it to the room. "Should we wait?" Emily asks me. "No, Its around one . " She give me a "I-have-no-clue-why-that-matters." look. "He has physical therapy at 1:30, Come on. " I tell her and walk towards the bed. I put my hand on his and move and lightly tap my fingers. "Nathan..Its time to wake up." He stirs in his sleep.  "Nathan.." I whisper. "Its not working." Emily tells me. "Pumpkin." "Yes, Brandy?" Nathan says without opening his eyes. "You need to get up." "Okay, But come here." I lean in. "Closer.." "Nathan if you burp on me im going to hit you." I say. "Sweet heart just come here." Once im inches away from him he gives me a kiss on the cheek. "AWW!!" Emily exclaims.  "Who's with you?" Nathan asks me. "Oh, Emily , Nathan, Nathan , Emily." "Hey." Nathan tell her. "Hi." Emily says.  "Do you need help getting up?" I ask. "Yeah..Emily, Can you get the wheelchair thats in the office?" Nathan says. "Yeah." "A guy with a blue shirt named Tim can help you." I tell her. She then leaves me and Nathan alone. "Hey," Nathan says sitting up, "Come here." He says moving over so I can lay down with him. I sit on the bed and put my head on his shoulders. "Does it hurt?" I ask. "I cant feel anything." He admits. "Oh.." I say. What do you say to your boyfriend that has one leg? I ask myself. "Whats wrong?" He asks me. "Nothing, um its fine." I say hiding the tears.  "Are you thinking about when I'm going to leave you?" I just nod . "Brandy , you cant-" "I found it!!" Tim and Emily roll in with the wheelchair. "Yay!" I say, "And you found Tim!" "We're not done talking." Nathan whispers in my ear.

Its been two hours and I'm getting ready to go home. "Do you need a ride?" I ask Emily. "Oh, No its okay." "Ok. See you later. " BUZZ BUZZ. I look at my phone. Nathan: Im coming home with you. Waitfor me. Ugghh!! I say in my mind. Once we comes in my car I take him to my house because our parents are having dinner together. "Can you talk to me?" I stay quite. "Brandy." "What?" I snap. "Lets talk about what happen earlier. " He tells me. "How about lets not." I say with my eyes locked on the road. "Why are you mad?" "Im not mad." I say truthfully.  "Then what are you?" He asks thinking he knows everything. "A girl." "You know what I mean. Please just tell me." I give a big sigh, "Im sad." I put my blinker on and make sure its safe for me to turn. "Why are you sad?" "We're here." I state while parking. "Brandy why are you sad?" I don't answer but I help him out of the car.  "Thanks." I unlock the door and sit on the couch with Nathan. "Can you answer me?" He asks. "What do you want to hear?" I ask him while getting up to get a bowl on ice cream. "I want to hear why your sad." I'll just tell him. "Do you want me to be happy that my boyfriend, My true love, is going to die?" "Oh my gosh Brandy! Let it go!" "How!? Can you tell me how?" "Stop thinking of the worst. Your used to things coming and going, Why should you care about me?" How does he know..? "How do you know?" I ask. "Jordan told me about it when it happen. I know about Sean."  "And yet you have the nerve to say that Im used to things coming and going?" I ask holding in the tears. I see the regret on his face. "Brandy I didn't mean it. " He says limping towards me. "Stay away from me." I say and run to my room. I lock the door and cry. "Brandy open the door!!" "GO AWAY!!" I yell and throw a stuff animal at the door. I get my head phone and play  "Doesn't mean Goodbye."

~~~~~~~~TO BE CONTINUED ~~~~~~~~~

see you Friday!!