✙ Chapter 6 ✙

Começar do início

A harsh laugh escaped his lips. "I have nothing anymore." In a split second, he was leaping to his feet and appearing in front of me, his hand encircling my throat. I gasped in surprise and instinctively, swung my fist forward. I managed to jam my knuckles into his cheek, but he seemed unaffected. He snarled, his white pupils dilating in rage. "You deserve Hell."

Next thing I knew, I was dangling in the air, the oxygen traveling down to my lungs being cut-off. I kicked my uninjured leg frantically, but before I was able to do anything, he was throwing me down the hallway. It seemed impossible, but it was almost as if I was as light as a baseball. I twisted in the air, keeping my arms out in front of me to brace my fall. I heard Drew shout, right before I smacked the floor.

A scream escaped my lips when I landed on my injured leg - I rolled onto my back, squeezing my eyes shut in pain. Breathe, I thought, taking deep breaths through my teeth. Just breathe. I turned my head, looking towards Drew who was knocking Reece to the floor with a swift leg kick. This is my moment to escape - to get away from him. But, as his pack member managed a cheap shot to his inner thigh, I realized that I couldn't leave. The sight of seeing Drew getting punched, by someone other than me, was worrying. The mate-pull was forcing me to stay because I refused to leave until I knew he was alright. I mentally slapped myself in the forehead, despising the pull even more.

I clambered to my feet, praying my wound hadn't ripped open. Even though, Drew was clearly winning, I wanted to be involved. I wanted to kick some ass; I wanted to release the anger inside of me. I rolled my neck and as quickly as possible, made my way back towards them. Catching a glance of me, Drew growled and gave a hard shove to Reece, before gesturing for me to leave. "Nora! Don't! Stay out of this!" Momentarily distracted, it gave Reece the opportunity to kick his Alpha in the stomach, followed by the heel to the face. Drew collapsed to the ground on his hands and knees, slowly shaking away the pain.

"Fight me," I said, narrowing my eyes.

He smirked and swung his leg around, aiming for my head. With my fast reflexes, I ducked and lunged forward, striking his stomach with my fist. He growled and I turned slightly, bringing my elbow back into his cheekbone. He stumbled backwards and rubbed his cheekbone for a moment; had it been cracked? Then, his white pupils looking towards me, he shot his fist forward - I shifted my head at the perfect second, causing his knuckles to hit only air. Remembering what to do, I grabbed his extended arm and limped around him, twisting it behind his back. He wheezed and without a second thought, I shoved it upwards, hearing a loud pop! Reece shouted in agony and staggered away from me, holding his awkward angled arm. "It'll heal."

He snarled and Drew stepped in front of me again. I watched as Reece snapped his arm back into place and moved towards us.

"Reece!" Drew bellowed, the veins in his neck appearing. His eyes were wild, his stance threatening, and his voice deeper than before. "As your Alpha, I'm commanding you to back down." Reece froze for a second, hands clenched into fists. He was fighting against the urge to follow the command; the battling against urges was something I was familiar with. Shaking his head, Reece took another step forward, bravely. "Back. Down. Now. I will kill you, are you hearing me?"

Suddenly, another door opened, followed by an unfamiliar guy walking out. He was young, probably around my age, with curly, blond hair and hazel eyes. He was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a white tank that revealed his sun-kissed muscles. His eyes shifted back and forth in confusion, before he shouted, "What the hell is going on?!"

Drew glanced towards him. "Cole, get her out of here."

The guy, Cole, looked at me. "Who is she?"

"No questions," Drew told him, harshly. "Get her out of here."

Cole pinched his lips together and nodded once. Following his Alpha's orders, he walked over to me and reached to grab my arm - I moved away from him. Cautiously, Drew adverted his gaze from Reece to me, the faint color of white in his pupils. "Nora, go with him." I shook my head, before sending a glare towards Cole who rubbed his eyes. "Now isn't the time to be difficult."

"He wants to fight me," I said, gesturing towards Reece. "Let him."

"Leave," Drew responded, seriously. I stared at him for a long moment, feeling the ache inside of me. The mate-pull wanted me to stay - sucking it up, I turned away from him. Cole exhaled loudly and gestured for me to follow him. Reluctantly, I did and right back into the room that he had came from. It was his bedroom with blue walls and a cluttered desk, similar to mine at home. His bed was a mess with the sheets tangled on the floor. Relief overwhelmed me when I spotted matching doors from the other room, ones that led out onto a balcony. As soon as Cole had closed the door, I was searching the floor, casually. "So, I'm assuming your Alpha Drew's mate? About time he found you."

I raised an eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

I spotted a vase on his desk and slowly, made my way towards it, appearing curious. Cole shrugged his shoulders and stumbled over to his dresser. "He's been searching for years - he almost gave up on finding you." I grabbed the vase and quietly, made my way to him. His back was facing me as he rummaged through his drawers. "You know, he - "

His words were cut-off when I smashed the vase on his head; it shattered to pieces as he collapsed to the floor, unconscious. "It's your lucky day," I said, backing away. "I don't have time to kill you." With that, I limped over to the balcony doors and yanked them open, getting blown by a breeze. This time, I didn't waste any time; I needed to escape. I looked down below, relieved to see thorn bushes, but not as many as I had hoped. I hopped onto the railing and swung my legs over, pushing myself off before I could hesitate.