Chapter 5

----------------Cody Pov-------------------

I got to her house early because I had a feeling she would stand me up again. I knocked on the door but no one answered. So I opened it. They were right on the inside. 

"Are you ever going to learn to knock?" Brittany asked. 

"I had a feeling you might try to leave early," I said.

She shoved passed me. Were they planing to walk to the dance? Just then a car pulled up and they got in.  

When I got to the dance, I looked everywhere for her. But I couldn't find her. I wish she wasn't so stubborn. I finally found her by the snack table.

"Britt!" I called, she looked up with a mad look on her face. She slapped me.

"What was that for?"

"Don't EVER call me that again!" she started walking off. I grabbed her arm.

"look, I'm sorry! I didn't know you don't like being called that!" she yanked off.

"Obviously" she walked away. I went after her, but my manger told me it was time to start getting ready to go on stage. 

------------------------ Brittany's Pov---------------

"You really shouldn't have slapped him," said Abagael.

"It was fun!"

"That's not a good excuse!"

"SO?"

"And welcome to the stage.... Cody Simpson!" said the announcer. 

He sang, Round Of Applause, everyone was screaming while i just stood there singing along.

".................And I'd like to give a shout out to Brittany Rush!................................." 

"AWW!!!!!!!!!!! He gave you a shout out!" said Abagael while giving me a shove.

"SO? That's spouse to mean I need to fall desperately in love with him?"

"No, but....." she trailed off.

I saw Cody searching the room for me. I saw he had spotted me and I ran out into the bathrooms so he wouldn't find me. I could hear him yelling in the hall over the loud music. 

"Brittany?" it was Abagael. "Are you in hear?"

"Yes,"  I came out of the stall.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah I just don't want Cody to find me."

"Why not?"

"Because he's annoying. I said no, but he wont give up!"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"Yes, I might just give in so he'll leave me alone."

 We walked out of the bathroom, to find Cody. I Immediately went back into the bathrooms. But  Abagael grabbed my arm and pulled me out of there.

"Abagael!!!!" I yelled.

"He's perfect for you!" she whispered. Which made me even more embarrassed because she a horrible whisperer.  Abagael left which made to where it was just me and Cody in the hall.

"She's right you know," He said in his Australian accent of his. We stood there in silence until all of a sudden Cody started leaning in. I shoved him back. He looked surprised.

"I just... I don't think so. I don't feel the same way Cody. I Just don't." He looked like I just told him his mother died. I don't if was just me, or I really heard his heart shatter. I walked back to the dance. He didn't follow me this time. I found Abagael. 

"That was not cool, Abby."

"What happened?" she excitedly. 

"He tried to kiss me."

"Why didn't you let him?"  she asked sternly.

"Because I don't feel the same way!"

"What do you mean? Are you crazy?!"

"No. I just don't feel the same way. I'm going home."

"But my mom's not coming till 9!"

"I'll call my mom. Or walk. I got my phone. I'll see you tomorrow."

I went back Into the hall, But I didn't see Cody. I was glad. I walked quickly. My foot steps loudly in the hall. I went to the school doors. I busted through them. I saw Cody on a bench near the football field. He had his head in his hands. He didn't look up. I started walking home. Did he really like me that much? I've never been like this before. It was always me crushing, not the other way around.

I could sense someone walking behind me. But I didn't look back in case it was Cody. My phone buzzed and it made me jump. It was Abby.

. Cody texted me. He told me to tell you that he was leaving. 

I texted her back

. Tell him I already left. 

.Ok 

I walked, I was about half way home and my feet  were killing me. 

. He said that he's coming to find you.

.What? No.

.He said it's Important. 

.kk text u l8r.

I took my shoes off and started to run. I stopped at the conner. for a minute after about four minutes of running.  I saw Cody coming towards me. I started running more quickly.  He finally caught up to me when I was in fornt of my house. He garbbed me by the shoulders and turned me around and kissed me.