18: Ceres: A Life For A Life

I was too late.

Michael is dead because I couldn't stop it and now Blake is angry this all happened because of me. All this started the day I was born. I want Michael to live.

I sneaked into the hospital. I needed to find Michael's body. I won't let him go. I won't. I dressed up as a nurse and cover my face. Checking the list, I found the room number. As I walked, I read the cause of death. Brian Damage. Michael was run over by a car. The poor thing.

Once I was on the 5th floor, I looked for the room. I found it just as some nurses were wheeling out Michael's body. I follow them, into an elevator. I knew it was Michael since the body looked small. When we reached the morgue, I pretended to pick some trash up. The nurse left after signing some papers.

After they left, I pulled the blanket down. There Michael laid, looking pale. He had cuts and bruises. He seems to be sleeping. I quickly picked him up wrapping him in a blanket. I heard the elevator come down. So I looked for an exit. I found one leading outside. I ran out with Michael. I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I'll bring him back even if I have to pay with my life.

I walked down the street. I needed to leave this town. And I knew how. One of my abilities was to teleport. All I had to do, is think of the place I wanted to go and I knew where. And I teleported. I now stood outside the cabin. A cabin, my mother used to bring me during the summer. I went inside and up to the rooms. I found the main bedroom and went in.

"It will be okay," I said as I laid Michael down. "You will live." I looked around the room for a marker. Finding one, I began to draw on the floor. They were runes, ones I saw in my head. After I finished drawing it. I grabbed Michael and laid him in the middle. I took the nurse's suit off and laid with Michael. "See you soon." I closed my eyes

Soon I was dreaming. This time I was in the clouds. Well, it looked more like a meadow with clouds around. I heard children laughing all around. I walked closer and saw a playground. Kids of all ages dress in white ran around having fun. There were some adults. But they looked more like guardians. They had big white wings and bright halos.

"Child," I shivered and turned around. "You shouldn't be here."

"I'm looking for someone," I said.

"I know," the angel said. "Ceres, daughter of the great reaper. Dear, you cannot bring him back."

"Yes I can," I said. "I have to. Michael doesn't deserve to die."

"You seem to care about life," he said. "That's something a Reaper shouldn't do. But it seemed you are different. Your heart is pure. Come." He led met closer to the kids. And that's when I spotted Michael playing with a little girl. "You see all these kids. They have died the same day as Michael. Some of the natural causes, others by accidents. Here, we take care of them until we sent them to their next life. We make sure they go into nice, caring families. Michael will too go into a loving family. "

"But," I sighed. "I don't want that for Michael. He already has a mother. Even if the mother was lied to if she knows the truth she will still love Michael. She will be all alone. I have to bring Michael back, please."

"You have great powers Ceres," the angel said. "And you are using that power for good." He called Michael over. I was afraid he wouldn't know me.

"Ceres," he did know me. I knelt down and hugged him. "Is mommy with you?" He talked well.

"No," I said. "But do you want to see your mommy?"

"Yes," he sadness. "But they say I can't see mommy again."

"You will," I stood up. I turned to the angel. "Tell me, is there anything I can do? Maybe a deal?"

"I am not sure," he said. "It will unbalance if we send one back." I looked at him. "Where's there death, there will always be death." I thought for a second about what he said.

Then I got it I knew this was bad. But I wanted Michael to live. "I have a deal," I said. "Let Michael return back and later I'll give you the soul you need. A life, for a life."

"Deal," the angel said.

I smiled and picked Michael up.

"Now go," he said. I nodded. "Oh and time here is different than earth." What did he mean by that?

I didn't have a chance to ask him. For I woke up. I coughed a few times. I felt hungry and dehydrated. I looked down at Michael had more color; his wounds had healed and not one scar on him. I smiled and hugged him. He complained, and I had to pull back.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Oh," he yawned. "Where's mommy?"

"Don't worry, you'll see her soon," I said. Now that I think about all this isn't Michael a demon? Shouldn't he live forever? Maybe his powers aren't awakened. Maybe he's still human. I stood up with him. I checked my phone; it was almost out of charge. I had many missed calls and messages. From three days ago! But how? Time is different. So that what he meant. "We better go to town." I grabbed my bag. I had enough money to get a decent meal, buy some clothes and buy a charger.

Once in town, I first bought Michael some clothes. I had to bathe him at the cabin. After that, we went into a charming old fashion diner. I order a pizza with fries for Michael, and I a burger. As we ate, I did buy a charger before we came in here. There was an outlet close to me, so I plugged it in. I turned my location off. So they won't find me. I called home.

As I waited for someone to answer, the TV in the diner was on. And the news was on. I looked over.

"Report says that the state is in chaos," the lady said. "There's been reports of strange creatures attacking each other for control. Some are actually, helping the humans get to safety. All states are on alert. We advise you all to stay calm. And to stay in your home..."

They couldn't have started it.

"Ceres is that you?" I heard my mother. "Where are you? Please stay where you are. We will come for you. Do not come home!"

They did. The war has begun. But I will end it before it gets far.

"I'm coming home," I hung up.

I will stop it. No one will die.

---------------------

A few more chapters. The ending will shock you. It will leave you all clueless and wanting answer.

Hehe

Comment

Vote

Follow

Saya