13: Blake: Jeffrey The Wolf

"Kitty next time, warn me before you come into my room," I said. "Ceres almost discover you. You almost blew my cover."

"I am sorry," Kitty purr. "How was I suppose to know she was coming?"

"Kitty," I looked at my father. "I forbid you to get near your brother. He's come a long way; I don't want you to ruin it. Don't make me put you back in the cage."

"Ah," Kitty frowned. "But father, what if he messes up. I have to there."

"Kitty I warning you now don't get in the way," my father never took my side. I like this.

"Yes father," Kitty glared. I only wink at her.

"Now then, Blake you keep on doing what you need to do," my father said.

"But what about that damn angel, Omar," I sat down. "His being a pain in the ass."

"Don't worry," my father smiled. "I'll take care of it."

"Alright," I stood up. "I should go, Ceres waiting for me at the mall."

I excused myself and left. It was winter break, so Ceres wanted to go to the mall for some holiday shopping. I walked out of the building.

"This isn't fair," Kitty followed me. "He used to praise me! Why is he nice to you?"

"Well because I'm doing my job," I said. "Ain't like you, who is only being a street cat. You're not doing anything, but sitting around being an annoying little brat. Now don't follow me, and don't bother me." I walked away.

I have a feeling; kitty will be doing something stupid. And I hope it doesn't involve anyone I know because I will throw Kitty to the dogs.

I arrived at the mall on time.

"Hey," I hugged and kissed Ceres.

"Let's go!" She giggles. I had assumed it was just us, but it wasn't. Jeffrey was here, along with Star. That damn witch. And that stupid human. Why couldn't they stay home? "They are joining us. Isn't fun?" Ceres smiled. I couldn't say anything wrong.

"Okay," I smiled.

Star smile, but gave me a dark glare. How I wish to slap that smile off her face. But I had to calm myself. I'll get my chance soon.

Through the whole day. Star always dragged Ceres into a lingerie store. I would've had followed, but there were only females. So I was stuck outside with Jeffrey.

"So are you like her bodyguard?" Blake asked. I wonder if Jeffrey knows what's a going on.

"If it's mean keeping an eye on you," Jeffrey said. "Then I'll be the one." I looked at him, and his eye glowed yellowishly.

"Oh, you got to be kidding me," I chuckled. "You're a wolf. Since when. I know you, Jeff. You've always been human. When did you find out about our existence?"

"Since the day, my brother left us again," Jeff said. "I was told about it, by him. Andrew told me everything. And ever since, I been watching Ceres. But seems like you, don't listen."

"And the wolf part?" His human. He has no wolf blood. Someone must've had given it to him.

"It's a gift," he said. "Given to me by my brother. It was a long process, but it was worth it. Now I'll get to rip you in half if you hurt her."

"Oh, I'm so, scare," I chuckled. "It won't be defeated so, easily."

"You don't know this but," he looked at me. "Ceres is surrounded by many people who want to protect her. You don't see them. But they are there. So I suggest you watch your back."

I growled. Jeffrey must be bluffing. There aren't that many people protecting Ceres. There's no way vampires, wolf's, witches, angels and all those creates joining up to help one person. That's not possible. It can't be. His must be lying, to get me angry. And he's doing a good job. I'm getting pissed. Good thing Ceres and Star came back becasue I was close to punching him.

"Come on," Ceres grabbed my hand. "I want a pretzel." She smiles.

We walked toward the pretzel stand. I had to hold some of Ceres bags. Jeff and Star seemed to be in a deep conversation. Because they kept looking at me with a teasing smile. They were talking about me.

After the mall. We went home. I went back to my father. "What now?" He had a female with him. "Blake?"

"The Reaper Andrew gave his human brother the power to shift into a wolf," I said. That got his attention and sent the female out.

"What?" He slams his hand on the table. "How is that possible? Why?!"

"To protect Ceres," I sat down. "And I was told that there are more of them protecting Ceres. As in many others are protecting her. They have taken the good side. Vampires, wolf, witches, angels, they have sided to save the human race. To save this world an to stop the great war."

"That can't be," my father growled. "We have our army as well. Not all the creatures will side them."

"I know but," I sighed. "This problem has gotten huge. What am I suppose to do now?"

"Seems we are going to have to speed up the processes," my father said. "We have no choice but to start our madness."

I nod.

Finally, I won't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. This world will end, and everyone will all bow down. No one will have a choice there won't be any hell or heaven.

But why do I feel guilty about it? Shouldn't I be happy? I can't be feeling like this. I have to be me. The demon I was born.

"Blake," I looked at my father. "It's time for you to move out and come live with me. Your true family. Don't worry about your old family. They will be gone too once we concur the world."

That sends a pain of jolt through my body. I don't want them to die. I've gotten attached to them.

"Okay," I said and left.

I guess I'll spend whatever time I have left with them.

When I got home, Michael was in the living room playing. While my mother was in the kitchen talking on the phone.

Could I leave them? Maybe I should ask father to protect them. I don't want them to suffer.

Why the hell am I feeling so guilty? I shook it off. Mayne some sleep will help.

"Blake," Michael ran over. I picked him up.

"Let's go sleep," I smile. Michael yawned. "It passed your bedtime."

I took him upstairs. I laid him on the bed. He giggles and cuddles my pillow. As I look at him, I saw something flashy, only for an instant. It looked like a gold string. Just what Ceres saw. But why did I see it?

I laid down. Some sleep will get my head straight. Tomorrow will be a long day.

--------------------

This war has started. Or maybe not. Someone will be on the edge of death.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Saya