5: Ceres: My Father

When I got home, my mother was in the living room with my baby brother. I immediately sat down.

"Oh, mom let me hold him," I squealed.

"Okay, just careful with his head," she handed him to me. And I held him. He was so, small. So, tiny my baby brother Andy, so adorable. Just like Blake's little brother.

"Hey Andy, hello," I held him. "Eh eww mom he, poop." I handed him back. I felt the warmth under my hand.

"Oh Ceres," my mother chuckled. She changed him. After that, he was put down for his nap. "Ceres, I was told you had a nightmare."

"Yes I did," I sighed and leaned against her. "It felt so, real mother."

"Can you tell me about it?" She asked.

"I'll try," I barely remember a few things. "It was like an apocalypse. Everything was falling or burning. I could hear the people shouting in fear. It felt so, real. Then it stopped once I was in this man's arm. He told me I shouldn't be there. It's like I felt safe with him."

"A man?" I nodded. "How he looked like?"

"Oh, I drew him," I dug into my backpack and pulled out my sketchbook. Flipping through the pages, I found it. "Him, but he was all skeleton-like."

My mother gasped then sighed. She looked at it like she knew him.

"Who is he?" I asked.

"He's your father," I looked at the sketch.

"But his all bones," I said.

"He has a human form," my mother said. "This is his reaper form."

"Ah, I see," I sighed. So I met my father in that horrible dream. "Why was he in my dream?"

"Not sure sweetie, you'll have to ask him yourself," I groaned.

"How, if I never see him," I was getting frustrated. "I'm going upstairs."

I went up to my room and laid in my bed. I wanted to see my father. Was that so hard to ask?

I sighed and decided to take a nap. And I did sleep for three hours. I woke up to voices. To people talking downstairs. I got up went downstairs. I peek through the corner and saw a man with my mother. The man was holding my baby brother.

"He looks a lot like you," mom said.

"Nah," the man chuckled then kissed, my mom. I frowned. "Hmm, Ceres." I gasped and walked over.

"Oh sweetie," mom smiled. "This is Anthony, your father."

I looked at him. My father?

"Hey," he handed Andy back to mom. I just stood there. Great now that I have just my father right in front of me. I don't have anything to say. "Your mother told me, you wanted to see me." I nodded. "Well, here I am."

"Ah-hmm," I sighed and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe. Then I pulled away and punched him. "Why don't you ever visit us?!" Wow, I never felt this much anger?

"I'm sorry," he looked down at me. "I have duties to fulfill, and as you can tell, I don't age much."

"I don't care; you miss all my birthdays!" One always says not to raise your voice at your father. But this is a different circumstance.

"Ceres," my mother shook her head. "Don't talk to your father like that. He's doing his best to see us."

"It's fine, Cassidy," I felt bad now. "I'll try to spend more time with you. But, I need you to tell me, why are you hanging out with Blake?"