10: Anthony: Time With The Wife

"So is she coming home?" Cassidy asked me.

"Not until later," I said. "Ceres is still mad."

"Well you shouldn't have done that," Cassidy was also mad at me. Having two females mad at me wasn't cool.

"I know I'm sorry," I sighed. "But how was I suppose to know our daughter was dating him."

"You did your best to keep them apart," Cassidy said. "Maybe it was meant to be."

"Cassidy," I held her. "I'll be able to keep you and our son safe. But I won't be able to keep Ceres safe. She'll be dragged into the demon's clutches."

"You told me, not all demons are bad," Cassidy said. "That the King of all demons isn't a bad person."

"I know, but other demons want to take his place," I said. "They want him dead, and I can't protect everyone. It's why I was gone all this time. A very destructive war is advancing. My first objective was to keep Ceres away from Blake. But I've failed."

"But why?" She asked. "Blake seemed like a good kid."

"He's on the rebellious side," I said. "He will be a reason why Ceres will fall. He will be a reason why this world will come to an end. The great God has already plan to take something away from Blake if he doesn't change. And we can't do anything to prevent it." I sat down. "Blake is the son of the leader of the rebellions."

"Oh," Cassidy sat on my lap. "Are you sure we can't do anything to stop it. Isn't there another way?"

"No," I said.

"But aren't there other people around Ceres," Cassidy said. "Protecting her like the person that came into her room. The Mysterious female."

"Ah," I frowned. "Yeah, there are mysterious people out there. People we don't know about even God doesn't know everything. There are missing links in Ceres's future. We can't see them. So we don't know what to expect."

"Why is this happening?" Cassidy sighed. "Why Ceres?"

"I don't know," I said. "To tell you the truth, we don't know what Ceres powers are."

"I want our daughter to be safe," she said. "I don't want her to fall."

"I know love," I held her close. "I promise I'll do everything in my power to keep her safe. Maybe we can change the future."

I never wanted for Ceres to hate me. By protecting her, I'm only pushing her away from us. And now that she's going out with Blake it's more difficult to defend her.

Blake will be Ceres downfall, and no one can change the future. Ceres powers will be unleashed, through Blake betrayal. Blake will betray her. We not sure how, but it will happen. I need to stop it somehow.

Also, who else is after Ceres like that mysterious person that appeared in her room. The angel that has been roaming around the house. Which I already suspect who it is. But I'll need proof. Then there's Riley; he came back. And he warned us.

"Love," I looked at Cassidy. "Don't overthink."

"Alright," I said and kissed her. "I've missed you, a lot."

"Me too," Cassidy smiled.

I kept on kissing her. She was beautiful as always. I had stopped her growing. She will forever be young.

"So Omar," I said. "He's very mysterious."

"Yeah," Cassidy smiled. "But his a good man. Always helped us around the house, when you weren't here."

"I see," I smiled. "I should thank Omar when I see him."

I held Cassidy close. It's been awhile since I had her this close.