25.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

2 Year Later...
F A W N

"Shh, look Zo' there's more." I said pouring more gerber puff on Zoe's tray.

She picked one up with her tiny fingers and placed it in her mouth. She looked at me and smile as she chewed it with her fingers still in her mouth. She reached her hand out to share. I let her feed me and she smiled widely. I continued packing her  bag as she offered me more.

"Ok we're done here." I said attempting to pick Zoe up.

She started crying while she reached for her puffs. I scooped them in my hand and walked into the living room. Sitting her on the carpet with the food, I hurried back into the kitchen to get her bottle.

As on queue there was a knock on my door. I opened it and looked at August. He smiled at his daughter and went to pick her up, but I stopped him.

"Don't give her puffs all day. She actually has to eat August." I told him.

He'd been feeding her puffs since it was basically the only thing she'd eat right now. He ignored me and proceeded to pick Zoe up.

I sighed knowing he wasn't going to listen. Zoe had him wrapped around her little finger, you would think she was the parent.

"At least give her some oatmeal in a little while. She didn't want breakfast." I said and he nodded.

I went to grab her bag and came back to hand it to August. "I'on kno' why you be givin' me dat'. She got everythin' she needs wit' me."

"Can you just take it, I packed everything she needs to eat. Please give it to her. Maybe she'll eat, if you gave it to her." I said looking at him.

He playfully kissed Zoe, making her laugh as she hit him in the fast. I couldn't help but smile. He looked at me before he took the bag.

"Thankyou."

"Yeah yeah. Come on Zo'. Let ya mama do somethin' to dat' hair." He said walking towards the door.

I laughed sarcastically and looked down at my self. Being a mom was hectic. Especially when both parents weren't living together. I loved my child to no end but I cherished every moment I got to have "me time", because being a parent it didn't exist.

"It's hard." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't mean you gotta show it." August said laughing.

I simply ignored him and walked over to give my child a kiss. "Mommy loves you." I said kissing her lips.

She left slob on my lips and held my face. Letting go she looked at her dad ready to go and I laughed. "Bye baby." I said to Zoe as she attempted to wave.

"Be safe" I told August.

"You too." He said and I opened the door for them. "I was playing though, you still look good." He grinned.

I closed the door after they left and sighed. "I miss you." I said quietly to myself.

I pushed myself off the door and headed towards my bedroom. Not realizing Zoe food was still on the floor I stepped on it and crushed it into the carpet. "It never ends, even when they're gone."