12.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

F A W N

I stared at my outfit nervously as I finished getting ready for Dawn's funeral. Her dad asked me to come and even though I wouldn't know anyone there I decided to go anyways.

August volunteered to go with me but I knew he didn't do well with funerals so I'm grateful he pushed that to the side for me.

After he got out the hospital we spent time with his family even though he couldn't do much. I met his nieces' mom and she was beautiful and cool just how I imagined. We had a sleep over and celebrated August birthday. This time we actually got to eat the cake. 

"You ready?" August spoke, standing behind me.

I nodded my head and turned around to adjust his shirt. He kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

I sighed. "I'm ready." I told him.

I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. The girls waited by the door with open arms. We did a group hug then we left out the door.

On the way to the grave site, where the funeral was being held it started raining. August hand gripped my thigh while he drove with his left hand. The ride was quiet besides the rain hitting the windshield.

I stayed in the car once he parked. We were running behind so we didn't get a good place to park. August went to the trunk to get the umbrella then came around to my side. He opened the door and helped me out.

"August the umbrella all on your side." I complained as we walked up the hill.

"Well if you scooted your ass over here you would be dry."

I stood as close as I could next to him. "And stop being mean."

"I'm not bein' mean." He replied, as we walked up the hill.

I was slipping cause the rain and the ground didn't mix. August kept laughing but I didn't find it funny.

"You could help me." I mumbled.

"Nope since I'm mean."

I stood in the same spot as he walked ahead of me. He turned around after he noticed I wasn't walking. He came back and shook his head while I folded my arms.

"So damn dramatic." He picked me up with his free arm and continued walking.

"August stop." I demanded.

"Fawn I'm not in the mood right now."

"Me either, just stop being an ass." I rolled my eyes.

"Please be quiet." He mumbled.

I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder. I understand he don't like funerals but he doesn't have to be rude. He sat me back on my feet once we got to the site and went to find seats under the tent.

Michael walked over and I stood up. We shared a hug and he turned to August. They shared a look before he turned his attention back towards me. I reminded myself to ask August about it later.

"Thanks for coming." He smiled.

"The least I could do, she was my twin." I half smiled.

He nodded his head and walked to his seat after thanking me again. I looked completely lost but everyone just kept staring at me. They were whispering to each other the least they could was come up to me and say something.

"I shouldn't have came." I turned to August, feeling uncomfortable.

"You'll be aight'. We hea' now."