Essence

She whipped the mint leaves and tree bark that she had made. "Okay,Cole this might sting.But, it works."

She applied a generous amount to the huge gash across my stomach and frowned. "Something isn't right." she whispered.She immediately paused before her eyes went blank and I knew right then and there she was having a vision.

It scared me.Her eyes were wide and she never blinked. When she finally had,the vision was over. She feel back in the grass and let out a low gasp of air. "Candice?" I asked. Ignoring the gnawing pain from my wound. 

"Candice?"

She didn't answer me.She just keep her eyes fixed on the grass. "I can't see her anymore," she whispered.

"What?" I knew who she was taking about.

"Angelina,I can't see her anymore.Her future.Her past.I can't see it."

I eyed her trying to focus on what she was saying. "That vision.She-she was speaking to me, like I was there."

I could tell Candy was hiding more then she would tell me.More then I knew."Candy, what did she say?"

Her face was different this time.And for the first time since her vision she looked up.She stared right into my eyes and said "Doesn't matter what happens.But, you two fight.As for me,well I'm already dead anyways."

And I felt my eyes swell up.She's not dead.I know she's not.I mean she can't be."Is she-"

"She could be.I can't see her future." She applied the rest of the gel on my cut.I couldn't focus on the pain.I was to busy swimming in my thought.Wondering if Angel, my angel was really gone.

I wanted to see her hear from her. I spoke in my head.

Angel, if you can hear me. I want you to know I-

"Cole!" shouted the girl. I eyed Candy. A guy had her by her neck.Jolting up my wound stings.I go in wolf from as the figure throws my sister on his back and runs away.

I chase after him.My paws printing in the mud.If I lost Angelina, I can't lose Candice.What would my mom say? My dad? I wondered what they were doing.Hearing Angelina scream I pace faster.

But it seemed impossible to catch him.My legs were giving up.And then up ahead a figure smashed into them.Candice went flying off his shoulder to the dirt and the two figures were going head to head.I couldn't make out the silhouette of the figures so instead I rushed over to Candy.

She rubbed my fur and assured me that she was okay.She charged for the two figures. I still couldn't make out the two.I knew one was Lucifer's lap dog for sure. But, the other I couldn't make out without being close.

My sister and the figure were going head to head with the other.When my sister froze. "Angelina?!"

Right when she paused the trained dog launched for my sister and charged at the other figure hitting her far back into some trees.I began running for the figure when it hit me back to I landed with a thud.

*****

I woke up to my head on a tree. My bones ached but I didn't care.My eyes adjusted to the figure from earlier.Her black hair was down her back.She was facing the water way.I couldn't see her face but somehow she knew I was up."Look who's up," she snickered. "I made some meat,hungry?" The voice was so fimilar.

"Where's my sister?" I asked her.Getting up,yet, ignoring the pain. "Relax," she mumbled "She's fine.He doesn't want her.He just wants to see you at your weakest that's all."

I sat down on the log beside her and noticed who she was.She had changed.Months ago she was like a little girl.Now she looked like a grown woman trying to seduce her husband or something. She was off though.Her eyes were orange.Something was different.