Encounters

I always thought that if you forgot all the bad things that happened to you that it was inevitable that you would forget all the good things. I never thought that focusing so much on the bad things would attract even more bad things.

But I guess I was wrong. I eyed the sky lightly before grunting. I looked over at Candice, who was literally shaking and chattering her teeth. The jacket I had on seemed pretty huge for a little girl such as her, but since my wolf part of me keep me warm I didn't to much need more heat.

I shifted the wool jacket to her and immediately she became less frozen. I knew she should have stayed home. Where mom and dad would cook and she'd have a warm bed to sleep in, but Candy would have much rather be here. I was sure I was a bad brother for letting her come. But, I knew this might be my last time to see her before everything happened.

"We've gone far enough you need to.rest" I spoke softly. I was setting our supplies down. "C-Cole no, I'm just as supernatural as you.Don't treat me that way." She was scrunching her nose at me.

"Now, pick that stuff up and let's go. We don't have all day. We need to shift soon it's getting dark."

I nodded before walking forward. It was about five now, and I would have to shift soon so that we could travel faster and so I could smell Angelina.

The crowded tress overpowered the sky and it was becoming dreary. The owls hoots and full moon helped the setting quite well.

Candy was much more better now. Warmer and quick with her movements. She keep doing little fighting moves so if something happened she was ready.

I sniffed the air. It was hard to smell much in my normal state but even a human could sense an encounter.

The leaves crunched underneath our feet and I decided to shift while Candice stayed in her human body. It was better this way. She was more cambion then I, so she could use her powers to defend herself in human ways. I could also, but I was more wolf then she was, and I seemed more stronger as an animal.

She was carrying the backpack now and a purse that went over her body and laid on her side. I carried a strapped box on me full of things we might need to survive.

I say might because. If lose our clothes, we could always stay wolf form. If we drop food or water, there's animals around as well as lakes,streams, and ponds.

The sudden shift of Candice pulled me out of my trance. "Someone wasn't invited".

I growled and sniffed the air. The jerk of Candy's body on the ground made me snarl.

I eyed the man who was walking towards us and I made sure to see if Candice was okay. Her checks were stained Rosemary and she was just as hot as I was.

It was then I noticed who the figure was. Karlile. The demon dog of Lucifer. Or in other words. Lucifer's bitch.

"Oh Satan said it was you out on the run. And that he needed you captured. I don't understand why he underestimates me." He said in a bitter tone. "After all, I've never failed to please him."

He chucked on the last part and as bad as I wanted to talk. I couldn't. Not in wolf form that is.

"But don't worry. I've brought some of minions along."

I growled at him showing of my sharply pointed teeth. He laughed and did a chant and then Ben and Kate were at his side. Thanks, the three powerful musketeers.

They didn't hesitate to strike. And Kate and Ben were already charging and gaining on Candice.

I watched her throw Ben somewhere into the forest and then her and Kate threw some good punches and hits before I flickered my attention on Karlile.