Chapter Six

Picking up her knife, Ayame examined it solemnly. Dragging her thumb over the pink sheath, the sides of her mouth twitching into a small smile. It brought back memories, memories of when she'd watch her mother sit for hours on end designing and creating unique and powerful swords.

"Ayame!"

She recoiled, looking up wide eyed. The girl was sitting on the grassy deck in her own world, though Ussop snapped her out of it. "We're near the island, what are you gonna do?" The long nosed boy asked as he sat beside her, smiling friendly. Ayame grinned, carefully sliding her knife into her pocket. "I'm gonna go find a Black Smith, I need to replace my swords." She frowned, Ussop noticing. "Hey, didn't you have two while you were fighting Zoro?" He asked in a concerned manner, "I broke one, so I decided they were to weak," She lied, though the boy didn't seem to notice.

"Well, be more careful with them, swords aren't cheap!" He scolded, getting up with a grin. "If you need any money, remember to ask Nami." He walked over to Luffy, who was waving from the kitchen door.

Ayame got up, leaning on the railing. If she concentrated, she could see the outline of a small island not too far from the ship's location. She smiled, letting out a content sigh before following Ussop's lead.

Upon walking into the kitchen, her eyes widened once she saw complete havoc. Sanji and Zoro were arguing, Luffy and Nami were yelling at each other, while both Franky and Ussop bickered. Ayame slowly walked over to the bar stools, where Robin and Chopper sat, who were watching the scene quietly. Sitting in between the two, Ayame glanced over at the woman.

"Nami is scolding Luffy for his appetite, while Franky is angry at Ussop for lying," Ayame tilted her head, looking over at her father, "What about the cook and d-Zoro?" Robin thought she stuttered, sparing the child a small smile, "Who knows."

Ayame giggled before looking at the plate in front of her. She noticed unhappily that all the meat from her plate was missing, most likely stolen by Luffy. She quietly ate her small meal, watching the fight erupting in front of her.

Once she had finished eating, the crew still hadn't settled down. Sanji and Zoro had now broken out into a brawl, while Luffy's face was nearly unrecognizable from the bruises he received from Nami's punches, and Franky refused to back down from his argument with Ussop.

With a small shake of her head, Ayame rose from her seat, walking out of the kitchen. Looking around, she realized the ship was almost to the island. Glancing back into the kitchen, she knew the crew was far too distracted. Without hesitation, Ayame walked over to the railing of the ship, jumping into the ocean.