Chapter Twenty One

"What are you doing?" Nami questioned the child, her eyes narrowing as she noticed Ayame struggling to shield her work from the older woman.

"Nothing," She mumbled, "Now could you leave?"

Nami scoffed, walking towards the girl. Ayame's worry grew, the tension in the air rising as they both came to realize that Ayame's secret was soon to be found out.

"P-please," Ayame pleaded, "It's a secret, I'll tell you later!"

"And when exactly is later?" Nami countered, "Is it in an hour, or is it in a year?"

Ayame didn't know how to respond. She knew the navigator was being unfair, though Nami wasn't entirely at fault.

Ayame was aware of how suspicious she must have looked to the prying eyes. She never seemed to care though, due to the fact that she knew she wasn't doing anything wrong.

On that note, Ayame shrugged and moved away from the table.

What she was doing wasn't harming anyone, so why hide it?

"Are... Are you making a sword?" Nami's voice was small as she voiced her thoughts, her face scrunched up in uncertainty.

Slowly, Nami's brown eyes met Ayame's.

On the table where Ayame formerly stood at sat the hilt of the soon to come sword, along with a lone blade.

"I don't have to answer your questions."

"Actually, yes you do," Nami snapped, "If you don't, I'll tell Luffy all about this."

"So?" Ayame didn't miss a beat, "Why would he care? I haven't done anything to harm the crew in any way."

"Yet."

"I'm a child,"

Ayame and Nami were now walking towards each other. Both of the girls were too angry to notice that if Ayame looked directly forwards, her face would practically be in Nami's crotch.

"You can't hide this," Nami said, "Whatever you're doing, the whole crew is going to know about it."

"I'm not hurting anybody," Ayame replied with a smirk.

"It's a weapon," Nami clenched her fists, "Of course you'll be hurting someone!"

"Well, I haven't," Ayame responded, "You're jumping to conclusions."

"You won't get away with this."

"I'm a child," Ayame repeated, "I can get away with anything."