Chapter 7

"Hey Oliver, I kind-of promised Kacey I would pay her a visit- can we?" I asked as we drove.

"Sure," he said.

It took a couple of minutes, but we finally got to her house, a wide smile appeared on my face when we did. I hopped out the car and ran to the door, I knocked and the door was opened, "June! How you been?" Kacey's mom, Nancy said.

I smiled back at her, "I've been good" I said.

She looked at Oliver questioningly, "is that your boyfriend?" she asked curiously.

"Um... no, he isn't we have a project to do, but I wanted to pay Dylan a visit." I said and Nancy smiled.

"Ahh, that's right Kacey said you were coming over for a visit" she said hugging me. Then Oliver came up behind me, "and you must be...?"

"Oliver, Oliver James" he said.

"J-James, come in" she said we entered.

"KACEY I'M HERE." I yelled and waited, you could hear footsteps running down the stairs and Kacey appeared and hugged me. I hugged her back, "it's only been 1 day Kacey," i said as she let go of me.

"Clearly you don't recognize me," she said.

I stared at her for a few seconds "oh my gosh, Kayla!!" I screamed, hugging her. "It's been so long, how's college?" I asked.

"It's fun, I've met lots of fun, new people," she said. "How about my brother?" I asked and she sighed.

"He's doing alright," she said looking down at her feet.

"What do mean 'alright'?" I asked angrily.

"Hey!! Who's he?" Kayla asked changing the subject and pointing to Oli.

"Oliver James," he said.

"James- oh my, don't your parents own that big company? They're like billionaires," she said.

He laughed, "Yeah they are," he said, amused.

I rolled my eyes, "don't think you changed the subject- what happened to my brother? Tell me or I'll tell Kacey about her boyf-" she covered my mouth.

"He knew I would visit, and told me not to tell you." I took her hand off my mouth and took out my phone.

"Oliver, can I see your phone?" I asked and he took it out and gave it to me, I dialled my brother's number.

"Hello?"

"Hello Sam," I said.

"Who's this?" he asked.

"Your Very Worried Sister that's who!!" I yelled.

"Was it Kayla?" he sighed.

"Yes, of course it was! TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!" I demanded.

"I'm coming home," he said and I squealed.

"Oh my gosh, really! When?" I asked.

"Maybe next week, look I got to go: bye." He hung up.

"Bu-" I groaned and gave the phone back to Oliver.

Kacey was looking at me, then at Oliver, "oh ha ha. Hey Oliver" she said and I groaned.

"Okay, so I really didn't come here to see all of you- no offense- I came here to see my boy Dylan," I said.

"I'm right here," he said and I smiled.

He was in a wheelchair, I leaned down and hugged him. "Hey Dylan," I said.

"Hey June," he said. He was 5 years old.