Chapter 1

"LOOK!" I heard my best friend, Kacey, say. I brought head up from my math book.

"What?" I asked, she was pointing over to a poster.

"It's a competition for art" she said staring at it like it was a piece of chocolate cake.

"Do you want to enter?" I asked; to be totally honest I wanted her to enter. I cannot tell you how much she loves to draw. It's her passion and not just any drawing, its fashion designs, finger painting, chalk drawings; I could go on for hours. She drew me once, it's hanging in my room.

"Oh I don't know I'm not like you. I don't win, I lose" I looked at her and I chuckled.

"Don't say that, you have potential to win. Your an awesome drawer" I said giving her encouragement.

I looked back down at my math book "a 30, 60, 90 problem huh?" I mumbled to myself

"What?" Kacey asked looking at me.

"Nothing Kacey, it's my math problem" I said pointing at the book

"Oh ok" she said while looking back at the poster.

"You should enter it says you could get entered into a really good college" I said, she looked back at me

"I know, but what if I don't win" she said while getting up. I closed my book and stood up as well.

"Kacey you never know until you try" I said

"June that's easy for you to say you win everything" she said getting ready to leave and so was I

"That's because I actually try" I said, she just rolled her eyes.

Kacey was a very smart girl, she loved to dress up. She was funny, sweet and was very well known around school. Me on the other hand was barely even noticeable, and I didn't try that hard to look amazing, I mean I had friends just not as many as Kacey but we were inseparable. We were joined by the hip.

"Earth to June" Kacey sang waving her hand in front of my face.

"What??" I said slightly confused.

"I asked you about college" she said walking up the school stairs

"Um I don't know...it's only half way through the school year" I said

"I know" she said sighing and looking down.

"What?" I said as we approached our lockers. Her locker was only 1 locker away, she looked at me with her hazel eyes.

"It's the art thing" she said looking in her mirror fixing her wavy blond hair. Me and her were different in ways but the same in others.

"OH MY GOSH JUST ENTER ALL READY!!" I exclaimed.

"Come on Kacey just give it a chance" I said she rolled her eyes

"Fine" she mumbled.

"Ok, good, grab a slip at the end of the day" I said smiling in success.

We had just got back from lunch so now we're just chilling at our lockers.

"Ugh, I got History" I said rolling my eyes. I had already got my stuff so I leaned against my locker. I tucked a piece of my Brunette hair behind my ear.

"June?" Kacey asked

"Hmm?" I said

"Look in the mirror and tell me what you see?" I was confused yet did it anyways.

I looked in the mirror staring right into my green eyes.

"Um, I see myself?" I chuckled confused, I looked at her curiously.