Chapter 5

"Hey mom, I'm home" I said walking through the door, it was silent. I closed the door and looked around but I couldn't find my mom.

I put my stuff in my room and walked into my parents room, my mom was sleeping on the bed. I sighed and closed the door, I walked down stairs to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle then ran back up stairs.

I walked into my room and started to unpack my bookbag, after I was done with homework I took out a school book and my notes and started to study.

After a couple hours of studying I laid on my bed and stared up at the ceiling thinking about my future, college, work, I sighed and sat up.

I grabbed my jacket and went down stairs then wrote a note for mom so she wouldn't freak out, and call the cops or something to that insanity.

I was going to the swings in the park. When I arrived I sat down and started to swing slowly, I watched the little kids play around; I smiled.

After a while a little girl came up and sat on the swing next to mine, she looked at me for a couple of seconds then give me a big smile. I smiled and waved, she giggled then turned her face, looking at someone.

"Ollie come and push me" she exclaimed. 'Ollie?' I thought.

"Ollie, hurry!! You're so slow" she giggle. I looked over my shoulder and of course Ollie was non other than Oliver. I sighed.

I stood up when Oliver arrived, "leaving so soon are we?" he said, I glared at him.

"Yes, actually I am" I said in a blunt tone, I looked at the little girl and smiled and waved.

"Bye" I said sweetly, then I started walking home. When I got home mom was cooking diner.

"Do you need any help mom?" I asked, she shook her head "no, I'm good honey thanks" she smiled.

I nodded my head and went up to my room, I sat on my bed leaning on the wall. I groaned after realizing I had a project to do with Ollie- I mean Oliver.

"Ugh" I groaned, that little girl got that little nickname stuck in my head.

The time passed really slowly, I watched the clock go by with every tick it made. Until it was time to go to bed I laid down looking up at the ceiling. I slowly started to drift to sleep, I woke up to a big bang. I hopped up like a ninja and ran down stairs.

"MOM" I yelled, I reached the bottom of the stairs and she was perfectly fine.

"Mom?" I said confused, she turned and chuckled "sorry honey, I dropped a pan" she said with a wide smile. I glared at her.

"Why are you smiling? I thought you fell" I said.

"Sorry, but see I'm fine" she said

"Whatever mom but you woke me up from a very peaceful slumber" I mumbled while walking to the fridge, she shrugged.

"Remember to study" my mom said, starting the dishes, I sighed.

"I know mom, I already studied last night" I grabbed the orange juice carton and a cup from the cabinet and poured me some orange juice.

"You know the next time you want me to wake up just do what a normal parent do and go to my room and actually wake me up instead of giving me a heart attack" I said sarcastically putting the carton up. I gulped down the juice.

"I'll study after I take a shower" I said kissing her cheek and sneaking the cup into the sink.

I ran to my room "June" she exclaimed, I chuckled. I grabbed a towel and went to went the bathroom.