Chapter Twelve Multiple POV

Luke
    The craft shook as they began their landing approach, but Luke didn't mind. He was used to it by now, after years of traveling on the old ship. Though when he'd first seen it he had thought it nothing more than a lousy old hunk of junk, he had been forced to conclude after years of considering it his own that though it was old, it was the best ship a man could have.

    He saw Kya pale as the horribly blackened surface of Sullust came into view. Leia stared at it with a look of mixed wistfulness and determination, and Han grimaced as he attempted to keep steady control of the vehicle.

    Mira stared wide-eyed. "This is a horrible place," she gasped.

Luke nodded wordlessly in grave agreement. Finally, with a shudder, the ship landed on level ground. Kya gritted her teeth. Luke gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze before stepping to the middle of the group. "You all know the plan," Luke said simply. "Follow it. Mira, Lando should be landing soon with some of the others. Leia and Han, follow the plans to the hangar area. Kya, stay with me. Chewie, air strikes on my mark."

Each member of the group gave a single nod to signify their understanding, and promptly began exiting the ship. Luke followed close behind.

Kya was waiting for him. "The same way as before?"

He shook his head. "I have a safer way."

Han

The passages of the Imperial base were not at unfamiliar. On the contrary, he remembered them very clearly. The coldness, the darkness, the disturbing perfection of each and every design. The only difference was the silence. Instead of beeping and whirring from many machines, the base was silent except for Han and Leia's footsteps and their breathing. Han had carefully examined the plans Lando had given him, and together he and Leia had as good as memorized them. They knew each turn, each room by name. But still they were aware that they were not alone in this compound. And that awareness turned from an idea to reality in an instant when they turned a corner to face a horribly familiar sight.

Four men, clones, creatures of some form, clad in the black and white armor of the Imperial storm troopers. Instinctively, Han pulled out his blaster and fired before they had the chance. One of the troopers collapsed, the shot having hit its target. Leia grabbed her own blaster and joined in, ducking behind a crate. A shot from a trooper immediately broke the crate she had chosen, and she responded with a quick, powerful shot that hit the trooper in the chest and sent him tumbling to the ground.

Seeing the determination of its opponent, one of the troopers quickly raised his voice into some sort of communication device. It was of the likes Han had never seen, a newer technology. "Requesting reinforcements," began the trooper, but Leia shot him down before he could finish. The final trooper dropped his blaster in shock, and Han and Leia swiftly pointed their blaster at him.

"Rebel scum," muttered the trooper.

"We go by a different name now," Leia informed him promptly before shooting him down.

"What's that?" Han asked Leia curiously. "I haven't heard about this."

Leia shrugged. "We're fighting a new enemy now. We can't be a Rebellion anymore. Now, we're calling ourselves the Resistance."

Mira

It didn't take long to find Lando and the Rebels. They were waiting for her in the designated are. Lando trained his gun on her. "Name?"

"Mira Kenobi."

Lando lowered his gun. "Lando Calrissian at your service."

Kya