Chapter Six Leia Skywalker

The screams were almost on a schedule, Leia was beginning to notice. "Han," she said, elbowing him. "It's your turn."

    Han gave her a look and then walked over to Ben, who was screaming with his 'powerful set of lungs'. He gently began to rock the baby. Leia had noticed Han looking at her curiously when she had done it, and decided that though he wasn't admitting it, he wanted to try. Now Leia felt her heart melt at the sight of her husband, a strong, sometimes grumpy and snarky man, wearing a look of pure adoration as he gazed at his son.

    The baby calmed quickly in his father's arms. Leia smiled as Han gently carried him back to his place and then returned to sit by her. Chewie, who was standing in the corner, roared.

    "Shut up," muttered Han.

    "You don't have to be ashamed of loving your son," Leia said firmly to Han, turning and giving Chewie a warning look.

    "If I may say so, sir," C3P0 said from his place in the doorway, "you handled your son quite well." R2D2 beeped in agreement.

    "What can I say?" Han said nonchalantly. "The kid's almost as handsome as his father. Everyone would love a gorgeous guy like me...and now him."

    "So you love him for his looks?" Leia asked him teasingly.

    "I think he's handsome devil, much like his father," Han explained, desperately trying to change the subject from his show of love to his handsome face.

    Chewie laughed. Han turned and gave him a look. "Laugh it up, fuzzball."

    Leia smirked. "When is Luke getting here?"

   "Dunno, but he was all flustered about everyone being nice. I'm nice," Han said.

    "Master Luke has planned to bring one of his students here to meet us all," C3P0 explained.

    "To meet us?" Leia said confusedly. "We met all his students the second day while he was training them outside. He has a new one?"

    "I do not know, Princess," replied C3P0.

    "I told you: it's Leia."

    "Yes, you did, but it wouldn't be quite proper," protested C3P0, to which Leia rolled her eyes.

   "I'm back!" Luke called from the entryway. The group fell silent. They heard the door close, and murmured voices in the hall. Then C3P0 stepped aside, and Luke entered the room with a young woman at his side.

The girl's face was flushed, and her brown eyes were bright. She was beautiful, though small in stature, with long dark waves of hair and pale skin. Her expression was someplace between curiosity and reservation. Leia stood instinctively and approached Luke, giving him a hug. "How was training?"

    "Good," he said, gently removing himself from her embrace. "Everyone, meet my new student, Kya Kenobi."

    The last name startled Leia. Another Kenobi? Kya gave a small smile in greeting. "Hello." She had an accent, but Leia didn't recognize it.

"Hello," Leia replied warmly, trying to make the girl comfortable.

Han folded his arms and eyed Kya. "Name's Han Solo. Pilot of the Millenium Falcon."

Kya blinked. "I'm sorry?"

"The Millenium Falcon."

"Oh! Yes, the one people always talk about when they mention the Rebellion. The ship that made the Kessel Run in sixteen parsecs!" Leia cringed. Could no one get that right?