Chapter Seven Luke Skywalker

Though when he had initially agreed to begin training the students he had been skeptical, after a couple months Luke had found himself beginning to enjoy it more and more. To his surprise, even after the admittedly awkward visit at his home, Kya had returned each time he had invited her. She and Leia had struck up an unexpected friendship.

Luke had continued to train Kya, and she had grown to be one of his strongest students. He had tried to convince her to further her training even more and to become a Jedi, but still she refused for fear of the Dark Side of the Force. Still, Kya had grown into an exemplary student, and in the process, had become one of Luke's closest friends.

    There she was now, standing off to the side while Mira stood with the other students. Luke smiled when she waved at him in greeting. Mira looked up with a small laugh.

He turned away and focused on observing his students, who were practicing. Suddenly a hand at his shoulder. "How's it going?" Luke turned to see Leia smiling at him.

"Good. They're doing well."

Leia laughed. "I told you this would work."

"I can admit that. You were right."

She winked. "I usually am."

"Luke?" He turned to see Kya. "Mira needs your help. She sent me to get you."

Leia beamed at her. "Kya!" She gave her friend a hug. Luke loved that they had grown so close. Kya had seemed lonely and self-conscious when he had first met her, but now appeared more sure of herself.

"How's Ben?" Kya asked.

Leia exhaled. "Good. Just loud. He hasn't been waking me up anymore, but he is a loud crier."

Kya smiled and turned back to Luke. "Could you come and help Mira?"

He nodded. "Sure." He left Kya with Leia and began the walk over to Mira.

"Thank heaven. I can't do it," Mira said when he came. "I can't figure out how to do it."

He nodded. "That's easier to explain. See, you would just try and—"

Then suddenly the world went black.

He was in a dark hallway, with a man in a mask, with a strange red lightsaber, and the a voice. "There has been an awakening."

Then a man, a man with skin pale white and with a jagged scar much like Anakin Skywalker', appeared. The image seared into Luke's mind. "Kylo Ren. We...." Words began to blend into nonsense.

"Destroy...Jedi...punish...Empire...order...Skywalker...balance...kill..."

And then...a girl, on a mountaintop, weeping, with eyes like Kya's...

"LUKE!" The vision faded back into the lush green forests of Endor, and Luke found himself lying on the ground, Kya standing over him terrified, with Mira and Leia at her side. Kya sat down beside him and quickly hugged him. "You're alive! I thought something horrible had happened to you—"

Leia jumped to sit beside him and helped him sit up. "Luke, what happened?" The cold firmness was back.

"I...I had a vision," he said breathlessly.

Kya paled. "It was of me, wasn't it?" she said shakily. "Me doing terrible things, like my mother said—"

"No," Luke said. "But...I...I felt...like ..." He turned to Leia. "The Dark Side of the Force has awakened, Leia, and its coming for us."

Leia's eyes widened. "Luke..."

"And I think I know where they are hiding," Luke finished.

Kya sat silently, mulling it over. "You should find them, Luke, if you're certain."

Luke nodded. "I'll need help."

Leia opened her mouth, but Luke stopped her. "Leia, you and Han have a child. I'm not taking you with me. Chewie can pilot the ship, and I'll take Kya with me."

Kya's jaw dropped. "Me?"

He nodded. "You're more than ready."

    "I—" Kya broke off and stared at him. "Are you sure?"

    "Absolutely." He turned away. "Leia, I need to dismiss the children. Can you ask Han to help prepare the ship? We'll leave as soon as it's ready."