Chapter Two Han Solo

Waiting was the worst part. He had never been a patient person, and he had never been a worrier. Therefore, having to wait and worry did not suit him at all.

    He had been married to Leia Organa (oh, sorry. Skywalker) for two years now, and they had discussed having children early on. But this pregnancy wasn't planned. It was a surprise to him, and while it was exciting, it was also terrifying. Han Solo had been a smuggler for most of his life before he got involved with the Rebellion. What kind of a father would he make? The very idea of being a father scared him, and he had even mentioned it to Leia one night while Luke was fixing a malfunction in one of the droids.

    Leia had smiled and laughed at his words, gently pulling a strand of his hair out of his eyes. "Han, don't worry about it. You'll make a great father."

    "How? I've never had any experience."

    "Neither have I."

    "Do you want experience as a father?"

    Leia had rolled her eyes. "Ha ha. But really Han," she added, seeing the worry in his eyes, "you are going to be a wonderful father."

    Though her words had been somewhat comforting then, they gave him no comfort now as he paced waiting. The real problem was that he wasn't sure he was ready to be a parent. Leia was, for certain, but Han had never felt he would even get married, let alone have a child. Could a former smuggler really guide a child, who, by the way, was likely Force sensitive like his or her mother?

    Usually Han was cool and calm about problems, but suddenly he found himself a bundle of nerves.

    "Han!!!"

    Han started and turned to see Luke rushing into the room. "Luke! You made it!"

    "Of course I made it!"

    "Oh, Master Solo, it is good to see you again!" cried C-3P0, emerging from behind Luke.

    Han's grin faded. "You had to bring him along?"

    Luke made a face at Han. C-3P0 approached Han carefully. "Are you well, Mr. Solo? If I may say so you look quite pale."

    Han shot a glare at the droid, and he jumped back. Then he turned back to Luke. "I'm glad you made it, kid. It sure gets boring in here alone."

    "Where's Chewie?"

    "Probably out signing autographs. He loves the attention of the locals. Did you leave R2 back home?"

    Luke nodded. "Good," Han continued. "I couldn't get in contact with Chewie. He left right after you did to visit town, and then Leia..." He cleared his throat. "Well maybe when he gets back R2 can tell him where we are so he doesn't stress himself out."

    "How are you doing with the whole thing?" Luke asked.

    "Fine."

    "Fine? That's it?"

    Han set his jaw. "Yeah. That's it. Why?"

    "No reason," Luke said quickly. "I just thought you might be...you know, nervous? Worried? Something other than fine?"

    "I'm fine."

    "Are you certain, sir?" C-3P0 asked. "You look very worried."

    "I do?"

    Luke nodded. "You know, it's okay to be nervous sometimes. No one's confident about everything."

    "I'm fine!"