HUNTED Chapter 30

Mitchell Inlet, Moresby Island, Canada

"I need your help." Sam emerged into the clearing, holding the petite frame of Hetty.

"She's been shot." Gently, Sam laid her down onto the granite rock, Kensi moved in and applied pressure on her abdomen. Sam pulled his cell out and pressed in a sequence of numbers.

To Deeks and Kensi's surprise, the rock near where Ellie and Tim stood, opened. Sam swiftly picked Hetty up again and entered. The four agents wanted to join them, hoping they could help Sam with Hetty's wound, but now was not the time. They needed to protect this secret entrance, just incase any more of these Russians were around.

Gunfire became rapid again, shifting closer to their location. Gibbs, Tony and the other Seattle team, came their way. "Find cover. They're pushing us back down here." Gibbs eyes pierced through their hearts, worry for all of them remained at the forefront of his mind.

They moved behind rock and trees, hoping they could protect their remaining helicopters and the entrance to the Campbell's secret location.

"Where did Sam go?" Tony looked to Deeks and Kensi, who slightly shook their heads.

"Not now," Deeks replied, his focus remained on the Russians. They had thought they were winning, but from out of no where, the Russians started firing madly, with no purpose, causing the agents to flee. But the cabin area by the lake was exposed, so they did what they had to do and waited until....

Meanwhile...

Once the rock closed behind them, it was completely black. Hetty moaned from pain and Sam continued to worry about her. She needed a hospital, but with the force that these mercenaries retaliated, it wasn't safe for anyone to attempt escaping in either of the helicopters. He'd thought about the sea plane, but he still needed help. There was no way of firing back at anyone, in one of those. The helicopter was the best option. Also, he needed someone to apply pressure to her wound, he had no idea just how much blood she'd already lost. He placed her on the floor and pulled out a headlamp from his side pocket and attacked it to his head. Now he could see, he activated the second secret door with a different number sequence. A staircase appeared in front of him. He never thought they'd ever need to use this, but right now, he was thankful Callen's paranoia was what it was. Although, the close space did nothing for his claustrophobia. He took in deep breaths and picked Hetty up again, concentrating on her needs, not his own. Step by step, he took the stairs slowly, until he hit the bottom. It was no surprise the door in front of him was sealed, again another precaution his former partner deemed necessary. Again he pressed in a sequence of numbers, symbols and letters. He heard the lock unlock, it swooshed open, and he was greeted with Thea's weapon aimed on him.

Her relief was quickly replaced by worry for her former boss. "What happened?"

"There are too many of them. We had two teams from the Seattle office, plus our two teams. Gibbs captured the one he believes to be in charge, he had one of the Seattle teams take him back for further questioning." Sam gently laid Hetty onto the kitchen table and held his hand on her wound.

Stephen and Arkady entered, worry for the older woman etched in their brows. "What's going on up there, Sam?"

"It's a war zone up there." He sucked in his breath and looked at the large hazel and blue eyes of Alice and Tristan. He looked at Thea, "they shouldn't see this."

Thea nodded. "Let's go and see what we can find for you do to in this room." Thea led them into another room, a one way window allowed the others to see them, but they couldn't see out. There were sofas and soft cushions that the children loved to bounce on as soon as they entered. She pulled out a box of toys and switched on a television set. Once she was satisfied they were occupied, she left them to help Sam.