Chapter Five

So here we are sitting in Quills disgusting ship right outside of the prison. "Where the hell is Quill?" Rocket asked annoyed from the pilot seat. I stood behind him, Drax sat in the copilot seat, Gamora sat in the back and Groot stood behind her. "He said to keep the Milano close." Gamora tells Rocket. We both groaned. A few minutes went by.

"How is he going to get to us?" Rocket asked impatiently.

"He declined to share that information with me." Gamora replied, probably fed up with Rockets attitude.

"Well screw this then!" Rocket yelled while putting his arms up, "I'm not waiting around for some humi with a death wish."

"I don't think we should abandon him..." I say quietly. Rocket turns to look at me and glares slightly. "Enough with you Faunus kindness, please Dracora." Gamora says exhausted. I turn and glare at her, "I can't help it, okay? If you hate it, what makes you think I don't hate it?" I say to her trying not to raise my voice. "You got the orb right?" Rocket asks cutting in.

"It's right here." She says.

I snort quietly, "Check again." I tell her. She quickly opens the purse thing and curses. "How did you know it isn't here?" She asked in a demanding tone. "Oh, you got to be frickin kidding me!" Rocket exclaimed.

"I am Groot."

"Easy, I couldn't sense the life force that the orb has." I answer.

"What?" Rocket asked turning to me.

"Since we're waiting for Quill I'll explain," I start off. "Faunus have a special connection with nature, I can sense life force. For example Groot, he is a Floral Colossus I have a connection with him. I can make his branches grow-" Rocket cuts me off.

"You tripped me!" He yelled.

I snickered nodding, "You mocked me, I wouldn't let you just get away with it. Anyway, the orb has a very powerful life force. It's more than you think, it's literally alive. The strength on it is just... amazing." I let a sigh out at the thought. We were all silent for a moment.

"Behold." Drax suddenly said.

We all turned our heads and saw Quill flying through space with a helmet thingy and his rocket shoes.

Quill entered the ship and Drax seem very excited. "Tell me, what is it you retrieved?" Drax asked after basically saying he is a warrior or genius, I didn't really pay attention. Quill unzips his jacket and pulls out his Walkman. Drax stared at him for a moment. "You imbecile." He says.

"Sure that's one word to call him." I comment.

It has been a couple hours and I have been debating to tell Rocket that we're soulmates. I've been sitting on the floor leaning on the table just staring at him, I know it's annoying him but I had no idea what else to do. "Stop staring at me." He growls. I quickly looked away with a tiny blush. I heard him tare some things from the ship which soon caught Quill's attention.

"Woah, Ranger Rick! What do you think you're doing?! Don't take apart my ship! What is that?!" Quill yelled coming over to us quickly.

I can't believe he didn't notice Rocket has been doing it for over half an hour, Quill took the things out of Rocket's hands quickly. I scoffed with Rocket. "And you! Laura Croft your just sitting here letting him!" Quill turns and points at me.

"I have more pressing matters to worry about then your ship. And If you like having fingers I suggest you move your hand out of my face." I tell him with a scary smile and flex my wrist making my blade come out.