Chapter Eight

"Why do you still have it?!" I yelled at them. While Rocket pulled at the fur on his face in distress. "What are we supposed to do, leave it in there?!" Quill yelled back hysterically.

"What do you expect us to do?!" I exclaimed pulling my hair.

"I can't believe you had that in your purse!" Rocket shouting pointing at the orb cutting in and I nodded in agreement.

"It's not a purse. It's a knapsack!" Quill argued quickly becoming defensive of what obviously is a purse. "Could've convinced me." I muttered pacing in circles, it always helps me calm down. "We have to bring it to the Nova Core, there's a chance they can contain it." Gamora stated the most calm out of all of us making me stop pacing and stare at her in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me? We're wanted by the Nova Core. Give it to Ronan!" Rocket demanded.

"That's even worse!" I shouted staring at him in disbelief now.

"So he can destroy the galaxy?!" Quill shouted at the same time.

"What are you, bunch of saints all of a sudden? What has the galaxy ever done for either of you? Why would you want to save it?!" Rocket asked staring at both of us in disbelief. "Because I'm one of the idiots that live in it!" Quill yelled at Rocket.

"That's a valid reason." I voiced back making Rocket look at me in disbelief for taking Quill's side.

Gamora grabbed Quill's jacket to get his attention. "Peter, listen to me. We cannot allow the stone to fall into Ronan's hands. We have to go back to your ship and deliver it to the Nova Core." Gamora told Quill with worry in her voice. Quill started to nod slowly. "Right, right, okay. I think you're right." Quill said pausing for a brief moment but he just had to voice his thoughts like an idiot. "....Or we could give it to somebody who's not going to arrest us, who's really nice, for a whole lot of money." He told us.

He looked at all of us hopefully. "I can't believe you!" I yelled and began rubbing my head, finally feeling everything that happened not even ten minutes ago. "You're despicable." Gamora spat glaring at Quill.

"Dishonorable." She continued.

"Faithless!" Gamora shouted turning away to obviously get away from Quill until she stopped and gasped. I turned around to see what shocked her and my eyes widened. "Oh no." She muttered as we looked at all of the enemy ships and Drax standing in front while holding his knifes.

"You called Ronan?!" Quill exclaimed in panic.

One of the ships began to land in front of Drax. "Quill! Don't you move boy!" I heard a voice yell and I turned my head seeing a centurion heading towards us. Gamora looked around quickly then began to run when she spotted something with the others following. I went to follow after them but my hoodie was grabbed. I looked back seeing the centurion that glared down at me. My eyes narrowed and I quickly brought my elbow up hitting him in the nose which made a very satisfying noise.

He stumbled back holding his nose. I ran off after popping my hood back up. I saw a building with a good advantage point and jumped up grabbing a jutting out piece of the building and climbed up with ease. I swung over the edge and turned around quickly looking around. I saw a couple of mining ships flying around with enemy ships flying after them. I smirked lifting the tail of my coat unsheathing my sword and pressed a button making it pop open into a crossbow.

I held it up closing one eye while grabbing one of my special arrows loading it, I fired it at a ship that was too close to a mining ship making the enemy explode. I loaded another arrow looking around, I saw Drax getting pummeled and decided to help. I aimed to who I'm guessing is Ronan and fired. He caught my arrow making Drax and him look to me, he smirked thinking he was clever. I chuckled pulling out a tiny box with a button and pressed it, it exploded knocking him down.

I put my box away and quickly jumped from building to building since Ronan knew where I was at. I needed to find a new spot to camp at. When I did I pulled my crossbow up and looked around trying to find everyone. I slowly put it down when I didn't see any of the mining ships, I saw the enemies leaving with Ronan.

I pressed the button making it turn back into a sword and sheathed it before scaling down the building. I dropped down the last fifteen to twenty feet landing perfectly, I pulled my gun out just in case and walked through the streets trying to find anyone. I turned a corner just in time to see Groot pull a knocked out Drax out of a tub full of yellow liquid. "Groot!" I yelled putting my gun away running to them.

He briefly looked at me, "I am Groot." He said to me lifting one of his hands up. Making a finger sharpen, he stabbed Drax in the chest and I knew instantly what he was doing. Drax started to gasp and heave then starting spitting out the yellow stuff. Groot pulled his finger out with a smile.

I patted Groot's back for a good job while Drax continued to catch his breath. Something suddenly crashed behind us kicking up dust and dirt, I covered my face then removed my arms after it cleared up. Groot helped Drax sit up. "Idiots! They're all idiots!" I heard Rocket yelling angrily as he emerged from the pod. I let a relieved sigh out seeing him and walked in front of him making him pause. I dropped to my knees and hugged him tightly, he was shocked but hugged back.

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

"Quill just got himself captured!" He exclaimed, still angry. Rocket glared at Drax when I finally stopped hugging him and stood up. "None of this ever would of happened if you didn't try to single-handedly take on a freakin' army!" He yelled at Drax angrily. I rubbed my face starting to feel exhausted, we needed to come up with a plan...

"You're right."

My eyes widened, wow he's admitting he's wrong. "I was a fool. All the anger, all the rage, was just to cover my loss." Drax said with regret while looking down at the ground. It was silent for a moment.

"Oh boo-hoo-hoo! My wife and child are dead!" Rocket exclaimed.

"Rocket!" I scolded narrowing my eyes at him. Groot gasped covering his mouth as he stared at Rocket. "I don't care if it's mean!" Rocket yelled at us then turned his attention back to Drax. "Everybody's got dead people! It's no excuse to get everyone else killed along the way!" Rocket shouted at him while glaring.

My jaw clenched hearing that. "Come on Groot, Dracora." Rocket said much more calm now. "Ronan has the stone. The only chance we got is to get to the other side of the universe as fast as we can and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to live full lives before that whack-job ever gets there!" Rocket exclaimed turning around. I bit my lip and looked to the ground while Groot stood up next to me.

"I am Groot."

"I can't. Quill and Gamora regretfully became my friends, I can't abandon them." I said after Groot bringing my gaze up to meet Rocket's. He looked at us both shocked. "Save them?" Rocket repeated.

"How?" He asked.

"I am Groot." Groot said shrugging his shoulders looking down at the ground. "I know they're the only friends we ever had!" Rocket admitted to him. I'm a little shocked that he actually did. "But there's an army of Ravagers around them! And there's only three of us!" Rocket continued, I smiled when he said three knowing he included me.

"Four." Drax corrected standing up.

We all looked down at Rocket while he looked at us like we we're crazy, he grabbed his ears after realizing that we are very serious. Rocket turned around and began to kick a patch of grass. "You're making me... beat up... grass!" He grunted still kicking it. I walked forward and set a hand on Rocket's head making him stop and look up at me. I smirked slightly.

"Let's go save the idiot and Gamora instead of beating up a patch of grass." I said to him and he smirked back nodding.

EEEEEYYY! Another chapter out! I decided to get this out early because eight is my favorite number. The pic is what the sword and crossbow is like, it's from RWBY an awesome anime.Hope you guys enjoyed this!