Chapter 25

Josh's P.O.V

Alisha is in the hospital right now. They doctors said she might never wake up! And it's all my fault. How? Because Rebecca is madly in love with me and basically killed my Alisha! If Rebecca would have just never liked me then this would have never happened.

"Dude, it's not your fault," Mike says.

"Mike it is!" I say.

"No its not! It's that stupid Rebecca's fault!" Zack exclaims.

"But if she wasn't madly in love with me, Alisha wouldn't be in a coma right now!" I exclaim.

"It's ok! She's strong! I mean, she's been an illegal street fighter for 6 years!" Mike says.

I hope he's right. She has to be okay. Suddenly, a bunch of doctors run into Alisha's hospital room.

"What's going on?" I ask one of them.

"Her heart race is beating fast, it's like she's worried or getting an anxiety attack in her sleep and she won't wake up. If it keeps going on, and we can't lower it, we'll have to put her down," she says the last part in a whisper.

"No! Can't you do something?" I ask.

"The only thing we can do is have someone come in and comfort her. Maybe then she will calm down," she suggests.

I thought about it. I might as well.

"I'll do it," I say.

"Really?" She asks.

"I'm her boyfriend!" I retort.

"Alright," she says and let's me in.

I walk in and see Alisha sweating and her heart rate up. I walk over to her and the doctors leave. I hold her hand and sigh.

"Alisha don't worry. Please calm down. I know when you get like this it's about school, your family or your past but please stop worrying. Nothing is going to happen so long as I'm here. I won't leave you and I will never let Rebecca hurt you again. Please wake up. Don't let them give up on you. Mike needs you. Ally needs you. I need you. You can't leave. Not today. Please come back! Don't leave me. Don't give up," I say.

I just stare at her for a few minutes and suddenly the heart monitor goes to a normal pace. I smile and then I feel slight movement from Alisha.

"Lila?" I whisper.

"Josh?" She whispers back.

"Oh my god. You're alive!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, I guess I am," she says with a small chuckle.

"I'll get the doctors," I say.

"Wait!" Alisha says and grabs my hand.

"Yeah," I say.

"Thank you," she says with a smile.

"For what?" I ask and sit back down on the chair.

"For calming me down. If it wasn't for you I would have just gave up," she responds.

I smile and kiss her.

"Princess, anything for you," I say.

She smiles back and blushes. I love that blush! I walk out and get the doctors.

"She's awake?" Mike exclaims.

"Yup," I say.

"I guess you did it," Zack says.

"Yeah, I guess I did," I say with a smile.

"So do you know when we can see her?" Mike asks. He tries to hide it but I know he's anxious to see his little sister.

"I guess we can go in now," I respond.

We go into the room and the doctors are hovered over her. One of them walks over to us.

"She lost a lot of blood but she is still sturdy. She has a minor concussion so no school for her for 2 weeks. And with homework and whatnot, she will not be allowed to do that," he doctor says.

"How is she suppose to be caught up then?" Zack asks.

"Guys don't worry. The good thing about being a nerd is that you're always 4 steps ahead of the class. I know the rest of the material for each class to last the whole year. 2 weeks is nothing," Alisha says.

"Alisha!" Mike exclaims and runs over to hug her.

"Mike! I'm fine," she says and hugs him back.

"You're fine? You were almost killed," he says.

"Well I'm not dead and that's all that matters," Alisha says. "What happened after I passed out?"

"Rebecca and the rest of her posy went to the principals office and they are expelled and are going to jail for criminal offense. But, knowing Rebecca and her wealth, her dad probably bailed her out into doing community service or whatnot. We rushed you to the hospital and my phone has been blowing up with texts and calls from Nina. She was absent today and didn't know Rebecca was gonna do all that to you," I say.

"Wow," is all Alisha says.

"Alisha, next time some dimwitt decides to hurt you, just hurt them back," Zack says. She nods.

"Well there isn't gonna be a next time because we are gonna stand by you at all times," Mike says.

"Mike, that's not necessary," Alisha sighs.

"Yes it is little sis because honestly, I don't want to lose another sister," Mike whispers the last part.

"You're not gonna lose me," Alisha says sternly.

"I know," Mike says with a smile and kisses her forehead.

"So, what did you dream about?" Zack asks.

"Oh....nothing," Alisha says and looks down.

"Really? Because you had an anxiety attack in your sleep," Zack emphasizes sleep.

"Alright, I'll tell you. You might think I've gone insane but trust me, it's all legit," she says.

We nod and get comfy.

"Alright, here it goes," and she starts.

And that's when she told us her story.