Chapter 12

Alisha's P.O.V

I wake up at 6 on my own. No alarm today! My body is just naturally used to waking up at this time. I try getting up but something was keeping me down. I look down and see a muscular arm wrapped around my waist.

"Josh?" I say. He shifts around but doesn't let go.

"Josh?" I say again. He mutters something that I didn't catch but still holds onto my waist.

"Josh! Let go! I need to take a shower!" I say trying to take his hands off, but he only holds on tighter. I sigh.

"Come on Princess! You smell fine! 30 minutes more, please?" he says in a hot, and husky morning voice. Wait did I really just think that?

"Ok fine," I say giving up and trying to go back to sleep, but I can't. That's just me. When I wake up I can't go back to sleep.

"I can't get to sleep either, wanna play 20 questions?" Josh says. I swear that boy can read my mind. I nod and turn around so I'm facing him.

"Ladies first!" he says. 20 questions? Me going first? All cliché! I think of a question and decide to go with the one everybody chooses first.

"Favourite colour?" I ask with a smile. He laughs and responds.

"Blue, you?"

"Pink," I say. He chuckles.

"Favourite singer?" he asks.

"Justin Bieber, no brainer!" I say with pride. I don't care what he has done! Whatever he has done made him the person he is today.

"Wow. So you're a Belieber?" he asks. I nod.

"Why haven't you called the cops on your....adoptive parents," I ask. He shrugs.

"If I do, I will have to move in with my brother. I will be to much work for him and I will have to move schools. I will live with it for another year. I'm turning 17 in February so I will be fine," I nod.

"Well you can stay here till you turn 18 if you want. I mean, you can go back home but whenever you need a place to stay, you're always welcomed here," I say. Even though I think that he is only pretending to be my friend, I will be his real friend. And friends help each other out...even if one of them is just pretending.

"Thanks Princess," he says and smiles. I smile back.

"Your welcome Prince," I say. He laughs.

"That's my nickname? Prince? I thought it would be Bad boy or something," he says. I shrug.

"I can call you different nicknames," I say. He nods. Suddenly, Mike knocks on the door.

"Come in!" I yell without thinking. He opens the door and once he sees us, his eyes widen.

"What the?" he starts. I stop him though.

"Before you start, no we did not do anything! He is staying with us because his parents are...on a trip! Yes he slept with me! Wait that sounds wrong! No we didn't sleep together we just slept side by side together! We are fully clothed, see! But I swear there is nothing between us! So before this turns into a whole cliché moment where the brother beats up the bad boy just know we did nothing wrong! And he will be staying with us for...a few months. It his choice if he wants to tell you why exactly. Ok you are free to talk, or yell, or beat him up," I say.

"Hey!" Josh says pretending he was hurt. I laugh. Okay maybe I shouldn't have said the whole beating him up part...

"Alisha! Chill I'm not beating him up. I know his home conditions and I don't care if he stays here or sleeps with you! Just don't hurt my sister or I will hurt you and... use protection,'' he says the last part with a smirk. I look at my brother and then at Josh. Both are smirking.