Chapter 18

Alisha's P.O.V

School passed by in a blur and before I knew it I was walking to my car at the end of the day. I didn't really want to go home but if I didn't then Zack would probably get beaten up by Josh and Mike. So I'd better go. Not that I cared!

I pulled up in my driveway and walked to the door. I unlocked it and ran upstairs to change. Sweat pants and a plain tank top. My hair was thrown into a high ponytail and I ran back downstairs to eat.

I got some cookies from the fridge and put them in the oven to bake. 10 minutes later they were done. Yay! I heard a knock on the door and I went to go open it.

I opened it and there stood Zack. I let him in and he went to the kitchen.

"What's this?" he asks while pointing to the cookies.

"Um my cookies?" I say with a duh tone.

"Yeah I know but aren't they for me too?" he asks.

"Pshh no!" I say.

Suddenly a flashback comes to mind. When Bob killed Stacey because she didn't make cookies for him. Zack came closer and I backed up.

Wait! Isn't the oven still hot? Oh my god.

"Zack! Please don't kill me like he did to her! Please! I will make you some damn cookies just please!" I plead.

"Woah! I'm not gonna kill you! Chill! I just wanted milk and you're standing right in front of the fridge!" he says.

It took me a minute to process it and then I looked back. I was standing in front of the fridge.

"Oops," I say and shift to the side. "My bad," I add in.

"Whatever," he says and gets some milk.

The door opens and reveals Josh and Mike laughing. They come into the kitchen and see Zack. They look like lions ready to kill.

"Woah! Chill tigers! He's just here for a project we have to do! Chill!" I say.

"He didn't hurt you right?" Mike says still watching Zack.

"No! Now go!" I say and shoo them away.

"Fine, but, if there is any
trouble-" Josh starts but I cut him off.

"Yeah yeah I call my knight and shinning armors now go!" I exclaim. They surrender and head upstairs.

"Sorry," I mumble and head into the living room. Zack followed.

"Yeah ok. Anyways, I guess we might as well get to know one another," Zack says.

"Really? Zack I know we aren't on best terms but we were still best friends. Tell me if I'm wrong. You're favorite colour is red, your favorite sport is soccer, you hate school but you do your work so you can get away from this place, you have 1 brother, your parents are still together, you hate when people aren't intimidated by you, your celebrity crush is Taylor Swift and you hope to go to Harvard university. Of course that might have changed because you specifically said "I will go to Harvard with you since we are best friends," in the seventh grade. So yeah has anything changed?" I say. He was left shocked.

"Uh, some I guess. My celebrity crush is now Selena Gomez, I don't know which university I want to go to and my favorite colour is now blue," he says.

"Ok great, well nothing of mine has changed so we're all good," I say.

"No we aren't," Zack says. "We still need to see what each one of us do on a daily basis and why we aren't on good terms."

"Well we know one of those things," I mumble.