Chapter 40(A): Drenched in the rain of love !

"Tea or coffee ma'am?" A cute woman dressed up in a white skirt and red blouse, in her mid 20s asked me. The flight had just taken off and I was reading the latest edition of a bollywood magazine, only to be disturbed by one of the air hostesses.

"No, I'm good." I smiled as genuinely as I could, and resumed to the magazine.

One hour. Just an hour, and I would be in Goa. I accept, it was no less than a nightmare for me when Parth asked me not to book tickets for Goa myself. I was shocked. Really shocked. Was this man for real? On one hand he said he loved me and on the other hand he indicated that he couldn't be physically present with me on my birthday !!?

It was then that Parth added that he had actually booked flight tickets for me to Goa already. Since it was my birthday..he didn't want me to pay for anything at all. In his words he wanted everything to be just perfect. My friends had, in return organised a birthday party for me yesterday with a beach theme. They didn't know about me going to Goa.

Parth had left for Goa early morning, and my flight was supposed to take off at 10 am. In this way, we wouldn't be spotted together. He had to go before me for his event at BITS, and some other surprise preparations for me too. I was actually a little tired of this hiding game, but I believed that he wasn't as ready to reveal anything to the world yet , and keeping us as a mystery was the best.

Excitement would be an understatement. I actually couldn't wait for us to meet and spend time together. I was dressed in denims and my red colored top to go along with it. Of course, I carried my cap and sunglasses with me, to avoid being spotted anywhere... Especially with him ! My phone was switched off since the morning, because I didn't want anyone to track me down.

Two days back, I gave an interview where I had mentioned about not going to Goa for my birthday due to shoot. Silly me. We had an off today. I should have given a better reason ! All I could do was hope and pray for this mystery to stay intact.

Unknowingly my thoughts wandered off to my favourite topic of pondering over , us ! What was he going to do for me today ? What was so special that he was planning ? I was super excited !! I mean, I knew he had that event throughout the day, and I wasn't supposed to go there, not that I was interested, but he had reserved a room for the day for me, and I was supposed to go and stay there till the evening.

I didn't want to think about last year. But actually I did. It came to me naturally and I couldn't do anything to stop thinking about the fateful day last year when almost all my co-stars had abandoned me. All my co-stars except him. He was physically present during my birthday celebration on sets, despite thousands of threats from his ex-girlfriend. He probably didn't care, and still attended the small party the crew had thrown for me. I was a little happy because of this, but otherwise it wasn't a good day to cherish , despite it being my birthday.

Things had come this far between us ?!! It almost seemed like a bollywood film.. Pehle you've hatred and then it develops into love ! Just like it worked for us.

The announcement of the pilot brought me out of my deep thinking. Goa was here already? So soon ? Whatever it was, it was time to kickstart this day and get prepared for some really nice surprises from his side !

Parth:

The familiar ringtone of my phone made me receive the call at once. I had assigned a specific ringtone to her name so that I could never miss her call on purpose.

"I reached." Her voice was the sweetest melody I had heard.

"Great. Airport ke bahar you'll see someone holding a sign board with your name on it. Go with him. Don't worry he's trustworthy. He will drop you at a hotel, waha jao..I have reserved a room under your name. " I instructed.