Chapter 26: Parth tune kya kiya?

"I was at the washroom."

The lamest, and the most common excuse that I could think of to hide my personal time with Parth. Karan didn't look convinced. Still, he nodded.

After about five minutes, I saw Parth coming down the stairs and mingling with people at the party. As soon as I saw him, all the moments I had spent with him in the last half an hour flashed in front of me. He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Hope you guys are enjoying." Vikas came to me and Karan and asked.

I nodded. Indeed, I was having a gala time .

________________

After about 15 minutes of acute boredom, I scanned the room to find Parth. He wasn't there. Karan came to me and nudged me.

"Chalo, waha Parth, Krissann , Vikas, sab hai.. Let's go there." He pointed at a particular direction where Krissann was present, along with her boyfriend, Vikas was there, Parth was there too . I was apprehensive at first..What if me and Parth started dancing together ? He had told me before hand that he was going to get drunk.. I just wanted him to be sane for a little longer.

"Chalo." I said to Karan ultimately. Maybe I could just convince Parth to not get drunk.. so that at least he could drop me home and then maybe we could spend time together. As it is, we knew about having an off tomorrow.

"Hi Niti !" Krissann gave me a side hug. I hugged her back. She looked pretty too ! But, she had her own set of friends with whom she was partying. That left only Parth there.. Vikas was busy attending other people, and Parth was talking ! I always thought he was an introvert but surprisingly he knew many people there.

There was this one girl who belonged to the pyaar tune kya kiya crew. He was talking to her. Karan and me joined him. I gave Parth a smile, but he didn't smile back. Karan excused himself and went to get a drink for himself, so it was only me and him left there .

"This is Niti Taylor... the most amazing co-star one can have ! She's my co-star." Parth said, taking me into a side hug.

I was in utter shock. What was he doing ? We weren't supposed to indulge in public display of affection... and that's what he was doing. I nudged him, and freed myself somehow. I gave the girl from PTKK crew a smile and gave Parth a look. He looked back at me with a confused expression. It didn't take me long to realize that whatever time I was away from him, he had utilized that time to get literally drunk ! He was not in senses. He didn't know what he was doing , what he was speaking.

I had no idea what to do. I hadn't encountered people who got drunk like this, before.. but now that my boyfriend was drunk, I needed to find a way to free him of this mess ! I couldn't see him like that.

"Niti.." He said to me. "Why don't you tell her what a good co-star I am? I am na??" He said animatedly, and leaned a bit towards me.

NO. I said to myself. Don't call him cute. He got drunk Niti !! I told myself.

"Parth.." I didn't know what to do. Maybe I could just leave and try to make him get out of the party as soon as possible. Just then, Karan came to us. I heaved a sigh of relief.

"He's drunk !" I whispered to Karan. I looked at him pleadingly to give me some solution to take down the effect of alcohol off Parth's head .

"So?" Karan spoke, a little unusually.

"Alcohol ka effect nikaalne ke liye kya karte hai??" I whispered back.

"Oh Niti. " Karan spoke differently. "Its just a party ! Party mein drunk nahi honge toh kab honge?