Chapter 12: Five minutes with the patient.

Seven days which followed were really tough for Niti. She cried, she suffered the bashing of so many fans who thought she didn't care for Parth, she worked double hard to fill the void that was created due to Parth's absence on the show. In short it was a completely tough situation for the poor girl to handle. But still she did. She knew, it was a phase and it would pass. She was really upset ever since Parth was admitted to the hospital. She had made it a point to go , visit him every day, irrespective of everything.

It was not like she spoke to him everyday. She used to just go and sit next to him. For the first two days he was resting. The doctor had informed that his situation was under control and that the fever had begun to subside. Wbcs were quite more than the normal amount yet it was said that they would reduce the count to the normal by the end of the treatment. Ayaz had asked Niti not to panic, and that Parth was going to be really good. Niti couldn't really sit near him the first two days. The first day she went , she looked at the unconscious version of him and started crying. Hence she ran away from there. Second day she just looked at him from a distance. He was still unconscious .. She was missing him. Doing scenes with him. She hated doing scenes with the body double. For her, it was only Parth with whom she could play her part properly without any reservation.

Third day, in the morning she surprisingly saw him online. She just messaged a simple hi to him, since she couldn't go because the visiting hours were during the evening.

Immediately two blue ticks appeared and he started typing.

Hi Niti. He replied.

How are you feeling now Parth? She typed back.

He knew that probably she would start panicking more if he told her that he was feeling weak.. He just wrote that he was feeling better.

Good. Niti said. Hope to see you on set soon.

She missed him. He knew . He could fathom that from her reply.

How are you guys managing without Manik? He asked.

He's in the hospital. She said. Just like you !

Just then, the doctor came for his regular round to Parth's room. Parth had to keep his phone aside and lie back on the hospital bed to get ready for his checkup.

Niti saw blue ticks on her message. He didn't reply back. It was okay. Maybe it was time for his medicines or something like that .

But, she was happy. He had begun to recover. She was waiting for the day to get over so that she could quickly go to the hospital and meet him.

She was a bit cheerful than the usual that day. Ayaz was happy to see her that way, and so was Charlie. She kept making a couple of dubsmashes with Karan, like she had been doing since the past few days, and kept uploading them. She had spoken to Parth after three long days. Three really tough days of continuous sobbing, hard work, getting bashed herself, a small chat with Parth had cured everything.

She scrolled through her twitter notifications. Some people called her dubsmashes with Karan cute, while others were throwing acrimonious words at her , saying that how could she be so happy when Parth was there in the hospital battling it out with typhoid? She felt it was better to ignore, although she was being flooded with such tweets since the past few days. Although she did feel bad at first but then she knew it, people saying stuff like this wouldn't change the truth.

She quickly completed all her shots and around 7pm left for the hospital. Thankfully for her, no one was around , Parth was asleep. She slowly walked towards him, making no sound, and sat on the chair next to his bed.

He was fast asleep. A lone tear escaped her eye. She was like that. She couldn't people close to her lying on the hospital bed. She slowly entwined her fingers with his as a small tear drop fell on his hand.

I miss you. She muttered under her breath.

Parth slowly jerked, his eyes slowly opened, and he saw her in front of him. Her eyes were moist..her fingers still entwined in his, as she gently stroked his hand.

"Niti.." He spoke. His voice sounded weak. At the same time , he was a little happy to see her there.

"Shh.." She kept her finger on his lips. "Don't..say anything.." She moved closer to him, and planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

Another tear escaped her eye and fell on his forehead. She quickly rubbed it, but he felt something wet on his forehead. As much as his hands allowed, he cupped her face and slowly wiped the tears from her eyes.

He didn't like seeing her cry. It was not the first time she was crying, but it was the first time she was crying for HIM. Her tears were precious, he couldn't let her shed those tears, even if they were for him. He mentally made a note to never make her cry in future. Never ever. He was going to be with her always, be by her side, always !

"Please get well soon. " Niti sniffled . "I want to see you getting back on your feet very very soon."

Parth managed to put a smile across his face, and gave a light nod.

At that moment, the door opened, and in came, a woman dressed in a saree. She looked middle aged, somewhere around her early 50s, and she had a worried expression on her face.

"Parth..." She said and quickly walked towards them.

"Aai ! " he said, surprised, as well as shocked. He had clearly asked his sister to make his mom stay back at pune. He could manage it on his own.

Niti's fingers were still entwined with Parth's. She quickly pulled her fingers back, tucked her hair behind in nervousness and walked out as fast as her legs could carry her.

She had encountered his mum. She was quite sure she had seen Parth's mum looking at them and their fingers in bewilderment. Maybe she could go back and come to meet him tomorrow. She ran back to her home, a bit embarassed but feeling a bit better , now that she had met him.

Parth's mom looked at her retreating figure and sat on the chair next to Parth. She touched Parth's forehead and took a look at the ECG.

"How are you feeling now ?"

"Better aai. " he managed.

"How many days are they going to keep you here? "

"Until my WBC count comes back to normal."

"Hmm...I'm staying here , until you get discharged." She said firmly.

"No aai.. People are there to take care of me."

"Nothing doing." She said. "I'm staying here until you recover fully."

"Fine aai." He said. He couldn't say anything further, now that his mum had made up her mind.

"Parth.." She said hesitantly, after sometime.

"Haan?"

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

She was hesitant at first, but then she felt she deserved to know what was going on in his life.

I'm really sorry for updating late. I wasn't really well yesterday.. Anyway, I hope to update the next part tomorrow. Do vote and leave your reviews Next part is gonna be really good.