"Jake stop it! He's your dad!" Mom yells, "what, no he isnt! Kipps is my dad" Jake says and my mom shakes her head. "No he isn't, I made you believe that so you wouldnt grow up without a dad, but you did anyway. Kipps isnt your dad, he is" mom points to dad and Jake shakes his head.

I walk to the kitchen and sit beside Lucas, "hi, you nasty idiot" he laughs and I slap his shoulder, "he learned that from me, I used to call Kipps that" I say and he laughs again.

"Did anyone notice your trademarked face and neck" I laugh and he nods "mom did, she looked at me like I was from outer space" he laughs, he kisses my neck on the same spot where he sucked. "You're disgusting, I thought we were cousins"Jake says coming into the kitchen and sitting beside me.

"We aren't cousins" Lucas tells him, "then why do you call them aunt Holly, uncle George, and aunt Lucy" he asks "you forgot one, uncle Lockwood" Lucas tells him and he shrugs "mom and aunt Holly are so close, they're like sisters and dad and uncle George are like brothers" I explain to him and he nods his head, understanding.

"Can I get some cereal?" He asks and I nod "why are you such a little brat?" I ask, getting up from my seat to get him a bowl of milk and cereal. "What do you mean?" He asks. "You're saying dad isn't your dad but here you are taking his food in his house" I tell him and he shrugs again.

"It's not my fault that they keep trying to tell me that he's my dad" "but he is!" I interrupt him, "we were all there when you were born, you look just like dad and to prove it you could just take a DNA test!" I yell at him.

I storm off into the living room that my parents aren't in, I turn the tv on, Lucas comes in after me, leaving Jake alone in the kitchen. "Now I feel bad for you, is this how he's always treated you?" Lucas asks and I nod.

"He's my brother but that doesn't mean he has to like me, and he doesnt" I sigh, I take control and change the channel. I lean my head on Lucas' shoulder, we watch the titanic. After 30 minutes of watching it dad and mom come in.

"Evie" my dad says "yes" I smile up at them and my dad smiles "your mother has decided to move in with us" he tells me and my smile fades. "What? What about Kipps, I mean not that I care about him, but........you cant just go from guy to guy!" I scream at mom.

I run upstairs and my dad chases after me. "Evie"he calls after me, I slam my door to let him know I want to be alone. He opens the door anyway and walks right in, "what!" I scream "look, Evie, Im sorry that your upset by I love your mother" he explains to me and I shake my head.

"But she doesn't love you! She can't! Just yesterday, she was with Kipps!" I yell, "yes I know, but she's willing to try-" "try what, huh! Fall in love with you!" I cry and he comes and sits beside me.

"Honey, I know you don't understand but I love your mother" he says "oh I understand, all right. I understand that you're being very naive and are trying with my mother to see if she'll break your heart again" I cry and dig my face into my pillow.

"Dad, I love you, I just dont want you to get hurt" I say, looking up at him. "I'm with you on that, but......... I've missed your mother so much and, I promise that if she breaks my heart again we'll go on our own, you and I. Jake doesnt even like me" he laughs and I frown.

"Well, Jake doesn't know what a great dad you are" I smile and and he hugs me "I love you Evie" he says "I love you too dad" I say into his shoulder.

"Now, Im gonna go downstairs, please come down and apologize, Im not going to make you, but do it for the better" he says, letting go of me. I nod and let him leave. I lay on my bed and seconds later Lucas comes in, lays beside me and we just stare at the ceiling.