12. Broken Hearts

Please enjoy!

~Lucy's P.O.V.~

I open my eyes because I hear screaming. I grab the baby and walk out of the room. "Oh my god!!" I scream "Holly!! George!! Lockwood!! Someone help!!" I scream.

I go back into the room and grab 2 soft blankets I put one over the baby's face and another one over my nose so I can breath better. "Lucy!!" I hear George screaming.

"Over here!!" I yell. I find George and he takes the baby from me "come on!" He yells, pulling on my wrist. "Where's Lockwood?! How did this happen?!" I scream.

"I dont know!!" Lockwood already got the kids!!" He yells through the crackling fire. We finally get outside, and we're all coughing, covered in ashes. "Where's Lockwood" I yell, "he went back inside to find you!" Holly screams hugging the crying kids to her.

"I need to go back! He went in there for me! I cant let him die in the fire!" I cry and George shakes his head. "No! Its too dangerous! I'll go!" He yells and gives me the now crying baby.

"No! George!!" Holly yells "George!!" She yells again, now in tears, as George dissapears into the burning house. "What happened?!?" Kipps comes from the street where his car is parked. "The house caught on fire or something. And Lockwood is in there and George went looking for him!" I cry and he hugs me. "Its gonna be okay" he tells me.

George comes back, alone. I fall to my knees and cry harder than ever before "Lockwood!!" I yell at the burning house of memories. "George!" Holly hugs him tightly as he kneels infront of her, defeated.

"Lockwood!! No!! You cant be dead! Lockwood!!" I yell again. I begin walking toward the house but Kipps holds me back. "No! Let me go!! If he's in there I need to find him!!" I scream trying to get out Kipps' grip.

"No! Lockwood!" I cry again "you cant do this to me!!" I yell at the house once more.

The police, ambulance and firefighters finally get here. I give Kipps the baby and walk toward them. "You need to go in there! My husband is still there" I cry.

"Mam, you need to get checked up!" A firefighter yells at me. "No! Lockwood is in there and you need to go get him!" I scream. "He's still in there" I cry to myself as I fall to the floor again.

"Please" I tell them and they nod. "Get everything ready!" One of them yells and they all obey. They all follow each other inside and come back an hour later.

"We searched the whole house! There's no sign of anyone in there! But we found this!" The guy hands me a small envelope. I open it and inside is a small picture.

After I look at it clearly I gasp. Its a picture of me, layed drugged on the floor and Kipps on top of me and he's smiling up at the camera. I turn the picture and on the back it says:
Hope we get to do this again one day.

"How could you do this to me!?!" I scream at Kipps and throw the picture at him, I take Jake from him and walk to Holly, George and the kids.

They're sitting down on an open medical van or sonething and they're getting checked. I sit beside Holly, crying and mad.

I look at Kipps pick of the picture, he reads the back first then looks at the picture. For some reason he opens his mouth in shock. He looks over at me and I look away. He takes the picture and leaves, angry.

-a few weeks later-

I walk down the street to Holly's house to get my daughter and son since she's taking care of them. "Ahh" I scream as someone opens a door and falls on me.

"Watch it-" I stop talking when I see that its Kipps. "Get off me!" I tell him and go to shove him off. "Wait one second" he says, completely drunk.