15. I Love You

~Lucy's P.O.V.~

I turn around to look at Kipps but he isn't there, there's a note

I love you so much, more than you can possibly think but............
I once heard this saying that if you love someone, you should let them go.
And I feel that that's what I need to do, I'm not Jake's father, I'm not your husband, Evie doesn't even like me. I hope you understand.
If you love someone, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours and if they dont, they never were.
Lucy I know you dont see it, so I'll just tell you, you love Lockwood, you always have. You were in denial when he told you he'd been alive, but only because you already have someone else, me, and you think it'd just be easier if there was only one of us.
So Im making it easier for you, I have to leave for you to be finally happy, I can see that you aren't completely happy when you're around me, that's because its not supposed to be me, it's supposed to be him.
You still love him, so stop lying to yourself about it. You need to go get him back, he's been yours this whole time. He still loves you too, I saw it in the way he looked at you when you said you loved me. Dont look for me, look for Lockwood.

-Love, Kipps

I take a while to take everything, I get up and take a thoughtful shower. When Im finally changed I walk down the hallway to Jake's room, he's completely asleep, "Jake honey wake up. Come on, change into your clothes" I tell him, he gets up after a while and goes to change.

I go to the kitchen, I take my phone and dial Evie's phone number, "mmh hello?" She says into the phone, still sleepy. "Evie, can you tell me the address of your dad's house? I need to talk to him" I tell her, I hear shuffling and then she begins to tell me the address. "Thanks honey" I say and hang up the phone.

"Jake, are you done?" I ask from the kitchen "yes! Where's dad?" He asks and I ignore him. "Come on we have to go" I tell him, I get the keys and walk to the door, I open it, letting Jake out and I lock the door after us. We get in the car and start for Lockwood's house.

****************************

Knock knock knock
Lockwood opens the door, when he sees that its me and Jake he looks inside then back at us. "Come inside, its cold" he tells us and Jake walks inside, me, I just stand there like and idiot.

I quickly get on my tippy toes and kiss him. He kisses me back, which surprises me, "come inside" he says after our soft, passionate kiss, that I missed so much. I walk inside and see how big his house is, bigger than the house we all used to live in.

"You live here?" I ask and he shakes his head "we all live here, George, Holly, Lucas, Evie, they've all moved in" he smiles and I look around.

~Evie's P.O.V.~

Jake finally wakes up and I smile when he hugs me closer to him. "Hey" he smiles and I kiss his cheek "hi" I say back. "Im happy to say you're finally officially mine" he smiles and I laugh.

"Am I? I dont see your name on me?" I laugh "oooh its not exactly my name, he sucks on my neck teasingly "there, that's my trademark" he laughs "uhh, I guess I have to have my own right" I say, I get up and get my red lipstick and put it on. I walk back to the bed and kiss both of his cheeks, his neck, forehead and last of all his lips.

"I love you" I smile, he pushes me against the matress "I love you too" he says and kisses me again. After our long make out session we go downstairs. "Mom?" I say when I find her sitting infront of dad, Jake is sitting on the chair next to mom, really bored.

"Come on Jake, lets go upstairs" I say "no! Im not going to follow you! You nasty idiot" he tells me. "Excuse me! You will not talk like that! She's your sister!" My dad yells at him. "And who are you? Some other stupid idiot!" Jake yells.