35. The Meeting

Meek- I'll be right back

Na- ok, where you goin?

Meek- I got another meeting

Na- really Meek? All these meetings for what?

Meek- something important...

Na- if it's so important then why don't ya mom and sister know about it?

Meek- because I'm not ready to tell y'all yet Na. Look, it's nothin you need to worry about right now.

Na- but I am! I got you walking around here actin weird and keepin secrets and people breakin in the house. We been in that house for over 10 years and ain't never had nobody break in. What's really goin on?

Meek- we'll talk later

Na- are you in trouble Meek?

Meek- we'll talk later

Na- if your in trouble Meek then let me know

Meek- I said we'll talk later Na, damn.

Na- whatever

And with that, I grabbed my keys and left.

I was on my way to meet up with Nicki's mother. As far as I'm concerned, all of them can't be trusted but I was willing to hear her out if she was willing to help me out.

Pulling up to the restaurant, I got out of my car and proceeded to go inside but not before checking my surroundings. Sure enough, my " bodyguard " was right where he always is. I turned back around and went into the restaurant. I saw a lady sitting in the corner of the restaurant and I instantly knew that it was Nicki's mother because they looked just alike. I approached the table and when she saw me she stood up.

Carol- Meek?

Meek- that's me

Carol- I'm Carol, nice to finally meet you.

Meek- you too

I sat down in front of her and we began to talk.

Carol- glad you finally decided to meet me

Meek- yeah, it was a hard decision to make but I'm here...

Carol- I know that your trust is pretty much non existent for my daughter and I but I just want you to know that my daughter loves you.

Meek- as much as I wanna believe that I just can't. I don't trust her and I don't know if I trust you either. I mean, she had to learn from somewhere.

Carol- I understand where your coming from but I can assure you that I did not raise her like that. Just because my husband does a certain thing doesn't mean that it's what I do. I am my own person.

Meek- I'm not here to judge, I'm here to hear you out.

Carol- I appreciate that, but let's get back to why we're here in the first place.

Meek- ok..

Carol- Nicki told me someone broke into your house the other day?

Meek- yeah, while my mother and sister was there.

Carol- I'm sorry that happened. I can only imagine how scary that must have been for them. I want you to know that if you ever need me for anything, like a place to stay or help with anything I'll be more than willing to help. Nicki is making it her business to make sure that you and your family stays safe and I promised her that I would help with that.

Meek- thank you, but you know how you could really help me?

Carol- how?

Meek- if you talk to your husband

Carol- I guess I could try but my husband is a man that's not easily convinced. Once he has his mind set on something it's almost impossible to change it.

Meek- does he not know that I'm the father of his granddaughter?

Carol- no, Nicki and I have decided to wait until the baby is born to tell him

Meek- and why is that?

Carol- because that's what my daughter wants me to do.

Meek- that makes no sense to me

Carol- well it's not my baby so I can't make those calls.

Meek- right..

Carol- I've sat here a listened to you and all of your request and now I have some of my own.

Meek- I'm listening

Carol- I would like to have visitation rights to the baby...

Meek- why would I give you visitation rights when your husband doesn't even know about the baby.

Carol- he does know about the baby, he just doesn't know that your the father.

Meek- this is crazy" I chuckled

Carol- I just want to be apart of my first grandchild's life

Meek- I'll have to think about that

Carol- she could give birth any day now. There's not much time to think. If your worried about the baby's safety then I can assure you that she will be safe. We are not monsters.

I let out a deep sigh.

Meek- how often you talkin?

Carol- a few times a week maybe?

Meek- alright...

Carol- thank you so much, this means a lot! All I need now is for you to just sign this document stating that we agreed on me having visitation.

Meek- I can't sign anything without my lawyer present..

Carol- that's fine. How about you write down your lawyers number and my lawyer will contact him.

Meek- alright

I wrote down my lawyers number on a napkin and gave it to her.

Meek- I have to go, my son gets out of school soon.

Carol- oh you have a son?

Meek- yeah, she didn't tell you that?

Carol- no, I guess she never got around to it. But it was nice meeting you Meek. Hopefully we can come together and raise this baby right in the absence of my daughter.

Meek- I hope so too. Let Nicki know that it's ok to call me.

Carol- I will

I got up and headed back to my car. I still didn't know what to make of this lady tho. I wasn't sure if she was genuine of if she was just a good liar like her daughter but I was sure that I would find out sooner or later.

Nicki's POV

Nicki- Help! Somebody please!

I was having the worst cramps of my life and they were just to much to bare.

" what's going on? " The guard asked

Nicki- I'm having really bad stomach pains. I need to go to the hospital, please!

He called for the nurse to come down but I didn't want that. I wanted to go to the hospital, now!

" what do you think? " the guard asked the nurse

She replied with a nod.

" we have a pregnant inmate in cell 526 that needs to be transported to the hospital "

* WELL THAT MEETING WENT WELL, OR DID IT?🤔
* WHAT DO YALL THINK?