25. Locked

I ran over to Trey and checked his pulse. He was dead with blood oozing out of every hole on his face. I ran over to Meek and helped him up off of the floor.

Meek- that shit fuckin hurt Nicki! Damn!

Nicki- stop being a bitch and get up.

I took off his shit and removed the homemade bulletproof vest that I had made a few days ago. He had bruises and scratches but he wasn't dead.

Nicki- come on, we gotta go like now

I grabbed some files and any evidence that I could. Meek helped me pack up the little bit of clothes and toiletries that I had and we left quickly. I took my car and he took his but we were both going to the same place. We sat there in the hotel parking lot as I changed clothes in the car. When I was done I grabbed my bags and got a hotel room.

Meek- yo what the fuck was that shit?

Nicki- something that I don't feel like explaining.

Meek- so during our whole relationship you was planning on killing me?

Nicki- not all of it, just in the beginning.

Meek- so I was gonna die today?

Nicki- yes..

Meek- why didn't I?

Nicki- a lot of different reasons but the main one is because I'm in love with you Meek. It was never my intention but it happend and there was no way that I was gonna let you go like that.

Meek- I love you too but right now I'm not fuckin with you.

Nicki- what?

Meek- you was planning to kill me knowing that I had a son at home. The way you manipulated me in the beginning makes it hard for me to trust you and what's a relationship without trust Nicki.

Nicki- I don't think you understand what I just did for you. I'm going to have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life all because I chose you over Trey. You don't understand how many people are gonna want to kill me.

Meek- and just like you protected me Ima protect you but I just don't want no relationship right now. I'm not saying never, just not now.

Nicki- that's fine because I'm leaving in the morning anyways.

Meek- leaving? Where you goin?

Nicki- I don't know but I can't be here.

Meek- how Ima protect you if I don't know where you at?

Nicki- I want you to come with me Meek

Meek- you know I can't do that. I have a son that I have to raise. My whole life is down here.

Nicki- bring him too. Bottom line is you have to be protected too Meek and I'm the only one that can do that.

Meek- protected? From who?

Nicki- your supposed to be dead Meek. Regardless of what happens they still want you dead and if they can't get to me then your next up.

Meek- who is they?

Nicki- the mafia

Meek- mafia? Why the hell you with the mafia?

Nicki- because of my dad.

Meek- why can't he protect you?

Nicki- because I killed a " family member" and that's crossing the line. And because I know so much it's in their best interest to kill me.

Meek- this is to fuckin much

Nicki- I know and I'm honestly really sorry that you have to be In the middle but would you rather be dead or alive right now?

Meek- I don't want you to leave

Nicki- I know but I have to.

Meek- what time you think you gone leave?

Nicki- early in the morning

Meek- damn Nicki. I still can't believe this shit.

Nicki- I'm sorry about everything

Meek- I gotta go

I grabbed his face and kissed him passionately.

Nicki- call me

Meek- I will. Be safe.

Nicki- I love you

Meek- I love you too

..

It was 7 am and I was getting ready to leave the hotel. I didn't know where I was going but I just planned on driving until I couldn't drive anymore. I took a shower and put on a fresh pair of clothes. I made sure that I had everything and then I exited me room.

" FREEZE " was all I heard when I turned around.

"PUT YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD AND GET DOWN ON THE GROUND"

Before I knew it I was being hand cuffed and read my rights. They put me in the car and drove me to the station.

When we got there the took me straight to the interview room for questioning.

Detective- Nicki is it?

Nicki- yes sir

Detective- ok Nicki, tell me about what happened last night.

Nicki- what might you be referring to?

Detective- I'm referring to last night when you killed Trey Neverson.

Nicki- I didn't kill anyone...

Detective- I find that hard to believe since we have a witness that identified you as the shooter.

All I could think is that Meek ratted me out after I spared his life.

Nicki- I want my lawyer.

Detective- that's fine. You'll be going to jail tonight for murder.

They handcuffed me and took me for booking. Here I was about to go to prison for murder at 3 months pregnant all because I decided to do something that I said I would never do,love.

To Be Continued...

* THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING. PART TWO WILL START AT CH. 26 SO DONT TAKE THIS BOOK OUT OF YOUR LIBRARY.
* IN THE MEAN TIME GO READ MY OTHER BOOKS TESTIMONY AND BEATING THE ODDS ( THE BOOK MANY OF YALL ASKED FOR BUT DONT SUPPORT🙄 )
* I HOPE YALL HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS!🎁🎄