8. Collect

You have reached the voicemail box of....

Nicki- where are you?" I said to myself

I was trying to talk toMeek before I headed to the school but he wasn't answering. I hadn't talked to him since last night and I was starting to get worried. We never go a day without at least texting each other.

Nicki- can you call me back please?" I said before hanging up

I got my bags in the car and headed to work.

Nicki- ok class everybody sit down so I can take row.

I looked around and I didn't see Rihmeek. I started to panic a little. I took a few minutes before I started to teach to call his job in hopes that maybe his cell phone was just dead.

???- yo

Nicki- um, is Meek there?

???- uh nah

Nicki- well when was the last time you seen him?

???- he was here yesterday

Nicki- well when he gets there can you let him know Nicki is looking for him?

???- yeah ight, I'll tell him

Nicki- thank you

The whole rest of the school day consisted of me thinking about Meek and if he was ok. I finished up at the school and went straight home. I called his cellphone again and he didn't answer so I left another message.

Nicki- I don't know what's going on but I've been calling you all day. Please call me back, I'm starting to get worried.

I hung up and laid in my bed. A million things ran through my mind at once. Did I scare him off? Was he tired of me already? Was he hurt? Did he need me? Did he find somebody else?

I laid down and went to sleep because that was the only way that my mind could be free.

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up feeling a little sick but I couldn't miss work so I had to get up. I checked my phone and there was no calls from Meek. I got up and took my shower and got dressed for work.

I did my daily routine of taking row. When I noticed that Rihmeek was here today I felt a little relieved but then again a little annoyed because that meant that Meek was probably just ignoring me. When class was over I had Rihmeek stay back for a little.

Nicki- hi Rihmeek, where is your dad?

Rihmeek- he had to go out of town for work

Nicki- oh, well have you talked to him?

Rihmeek- yeah, I talked to him this morning and last night

Nicki- oh ok, well I'll see you tomorrow

Rihmeek- ok

I started to think that maybe I did scare him off. Maybe I should just back off until he felt the same way about me as o felt about him. I needed to just let it go.

I got home and started dinner. I couldn't get my mind off of Meek and that bothered me. I needed to do something to keep him from consuming my thoughts so there was only one thing I could think of.

???- hey Trey, it's Nicki

Trey- what's up beautiful, I'm glad you decided to call.

Nicki- oh yeah, so how are you?

Trey- I'm good, what about you?

Nicki- I'm hanging in there

Trey- you sound a little upset baby. Everything cool?

Nicki- yeah, I'm good

Trey- oh ok, so what about that date Friday?

Nicki- uh yeah, I'm down

Trey- good, I'll pick you up at 9. That cool?

Nicki- that's perfect, see you then

Trey- I can't wait

That didn't make me feel as good as I thought it would but it helped. Trey was someone that has been on my ass for months but when I became friends with Meek I stopped talking to Trey. He was a nice guy and very sexy but he was young, to young for a serious relationship.

2 DAYS LATER

It had been almost a week since I've talked to Meek and I was slowly starting to get over him. He had made no effort to contact me and let me know what was going on. I had this feeling in my gut that he was out of town with some bitch which is the reason why he won't make things official between us. I decided to try and call him one more time before giving up.

You have reached the voi-

I instantly hung up. That was it.

It was time for me to go to bed but for some reason I just couldn't. I flipped through the tv channels trying to fined something to watch. A few minutes into the show my phone rung. I quickly grabbed it thinking it was Meek but it wasn't. I put the phone back down trying to ignore it but the thought of it being something important made me answer it.

Nicki- hello

???- you have a collect call from.......... Please press one to except the charges.

Very confused, I pressed one.

Nicki- hello? Who is this?

Meek- Nicki its me, I'm in jail

Nicki- oh my god....

I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT I WANTED TO PUT THIS OUT BEFORE I WENT TO BED. COMMENT AND VOTE!