23. Tomorrow

I haven't talked to Meek in 2 days. He keeps calling and I keep ignoring. I wanted him to just forget about me but obviously that wasn't going to happen. I was scared to call him because I knew that he was going to flip out on me but I wanted to talk to him privately before Trey comes and listens in on our conversation.

I called once and he sent me to voicemail. I called again, same thing. After two more tries I gave up and decided to send him a text instead.

Nicki- I know your mad at me but can you please answer my calls? I need to talk to you.

I put my phone down and picked up the remote and flipped through the channels. I never got a text back and he never answered the phone for me.

..

Trey- I'll be on my way in a little bit

Nicki- why you gotta come now?

Trey- why not? You ain't doing shit else.

Nicki- I'm trying to take a nap. I'm not in the mood for this shit right now.

Trey- well I'm still coming over. I'll take a nap with you.

Nicki- your so annoying

Trey- that's what men supposed to be to they girl

Nicki- I'm not your girl anymore Trey

Trey- you gone always be my girl. You know why?

Nicki- humor me

Trey- because you can't leave me alone. We been broken up for I don't know how long but you always manage to come back to me. Ain't nobody out there that's gonna love you and care about you like I do.

Nicki- you don't love me, you just love what I do for you.

Trey- if I didn't love you then you probably wouldn't be here right now.

Nicki- excuse me? What are you trying to say?

Trey- I've been looking after you and keeping you alive for a long time Nicki. You owe me a lot.

He was right. There was plenty of times where I could have easily died and Trey was always there. He even took a bullet for me once. I hated to admit it but I felt like I did owe him and me having that mind set made it easy for him to control me. He was a master manipulator and good at what he does. That is why I can never say no. I was scared of him because I knew what he was capable of.

Nicki- I know Trey but when am I going to get to live my life the way I wanna live instead of how you want me to live?

Trey- this ain't how you wanna live? I could have sworn you told me that you was in this thing forever.

Nicki- that was the young Nicki. I'm older now and a lot smarter. Smart enough to know that this is not what I want anymore. I'm tired.

Trey- well I don't know what to tell you Nicki. You can't leave yet. I won't allow that.

Nicki- what happens when one day I just decide that I've had enough and I go crazy?

Trey- what you sayin?

Nicki- I'm saying that I'm reaching my breaking point and I'm almost positive that I'm on the verge of going postal.

Trey- that's how you always are after missions but as soon as she get that money you good. I think you thinkin to much. Stop thinkin and just do. All you gotta do is do yo part and leave.

Nicki- I'm just sick. Mentally and physically. I'm at a point where I'm concerned about my health and wellbeing.

Trey- I think it's time for you to call up ya dad because I'm worried about you too. You ain't never been like this before Nicki.