Chapter Twenty Five

I dropped the phone to the floor, but continued staring at it. Goosebumps fled over my skin, every inch of me went ice cold, and I only know one person who would write anything like that, a disgusting, sadistic human being, Tom.

I could feel the anger boiling up inside of me, I needed to do something about it, but I didn't know what. I looked back at the phone and I saw that the number wasn't unknown; the stupid prick had put his real number. One of my old friends from college used to be a police officer and I know he would know exactly how to track down the phone, so I took it straight to him.

Thankfully he did know how to track it, I didn't tell him what for though even after the sixth time he asked. I slowly tracked the phone, it took all day and all night, but I was determined to find him. It was now 7am and I had found out where the phone was, the exact street, the exact house, I couldn't wait.

I stormed up to the front door, I pounded on it nearly knocking it down. A middle aged woman came to answer the door; I decided to out on an act "Hello Mam', is Tom there?" I smiled at her keeping an innocent look upon my face. She looked at me for a few seconds before answering "He's just popped down the shop round the corner" she pointed off down the street as I said goodbye to her and started on my way to the shop.

As I turned the corner I saw him, he walked like her owned the street, I soon showed him differently. I ran full speed towards him and smashed my fist into his nose, he fell to the floor in shock, anger fully took over my body, I couldn't stop myself from punching and kicking him, I then started shouting "You fucking killed my wife, I'm going to kill you!" I continued stamping on his head, a small crowd had formed around us, but I just ignored them. Tears streaming down my face, I was a mess.

Until I felt four arms pulling me away from Tom's disfigured body, two police officers had me from my arms and were chucking me in the police car, I soon gave up trying to get out of their grip and collapsed in the car seat. All I could do was cry, not because I was being arrested no, because the anger just completely took over me. I let it get out of control, I never let it get out of control.

I took one more glance at Tom before the doors were shut; he definitely got what he deserved but it was nothing compared to what he should have received.

We arrived at the police station and straight away I was took in for questioning, the man I was speaking to seemed pretty understanding. Obviously I couldn't just get away with what I did so they set me a court date and it would carry on from there. The whole system seemed sympathetic of my case.

After weeks of courts and visits from the police, they came to their decision of getting me on community service but they didn't arrest me, I can't even explain how relived I am. Although they did arrest Tom, I felt like justice had been met, kind of. He will still get to live, my Lily doesn't.

________________________________________________________________________________

It's been about 6 months since Lily has been gone now, I think about her every day, also I visit her grave at least 4 days a week, sometimes it's hard with the band touring, but I try to see her as much as possible, today I would be seeing her before I went on tour for five months, meaning I couldn't see her for a while.

I bought some beautiful big red roses, and I carried them to the cemetery. I had also got her a marble headstone, she deserved it. I leant down on the grass and took a deep breath, "I love you" I finally let out. I took the wrapping off the flowers but I left the little tag on the string that held them all together.

I took out a pen and wrote 'I'm sorry I couldn't save you this time' on the tag and set them down across her grave, all I had to do now, was pick up the strength to walk away and let go.

END