Chapter Five

Austin came in the room shortly after me, we both stared down at Alan. Our faces, half filled with shock, and half filled with guilt. We had made Alan do this to himself. He'd been so upset about the whole ordeal at Austin's that he drunk himself silly and ran in front of a speeding car. I could see the hurt in Austin's eyes. Finally Alan spoke to us "Guys, what's happening, I'm so happy you two are here" then he let out a little hiccup, yeah, that was probably the remaining alcohol in his body talking to us. Why would he be happy to see us.

We were led out of the room so that the police could question Alan and so the doctors could make him more aware of his situation.

After about an hour of waiting in the near enough empty waiting room, "Alan can see you both now". Said a doctor as he popped his head around the corner. We jumped up at the thought of seeing Alan. We arrived at his bedside, Austin spoke first "please, Alan, accept my apology for being such an idiot, I never want anything like that to happen again, the fact you nearly died and the last memory was us arguing would haunt me forever, I'm sorry bro" he said to Alan, then he made a fist with his hand and so did Alan, they bumped them together and then retracted them with a "booooom". Thank god they're friends again, I nearly broke up the friendship I had loved seeing the most of.

As we left the hospital, I realized the stupid mistake I'd made, I really do like Alan, but I kissed Austin, and let Alan catch us, I know I shouldn't of been doing it really, but it just felt right at the time.

Austin and Alan seemed fine though, Alan would make a hilarious joke half way through Austins sentence and Austin would burst into laughter and high five him. I loved seeing them two get along so well and in real life too.

Back at home I sat in my room, I never thought my life would turn out like this. I just still wish Felice was here with me, I miss her and I would have been the happiest ever if me, Alan and Felice were living under the same roof, maybe things would have turned out differently if she was here. She was my only real friend, I know now I have Alan and Austin, but I still feel like they are just celebrities to me.

Alan hopped into the bedroom and sat on the bed "are you okay?" I asked, he looked like he was in pain. "yeah, just have a bit of a back ache from all this hopping around." He tried to laugh but just flopped onto the bed instead.

A few months later, Alan was able to get his cast off, he still had to use crutches for his leg and a little for his back I guess. Now it was that time of the year for Warped Tour, Of Mice and Men decided to go to support fellow bands, Austin is most excited to see Kellin.

Alan and I were lying in bed, just cuddling and embracing the moment when all of a sudden my phone starts vibrating. It was 'Asshole'. I gulped as I read it, I hadn't been at home for 6-7 months now. Why was he ringing me now, I decided to answer.

Me; Hello?

Dad;Lily, Where the fuck are you?

Me;Oh, so now you call me, I live somewhere else now, I don't need you.

Dad; You better not be behaving stupidly.

Just then Alan takes the phone,

Alan;Don't worry, shes behaving, sir.

Then he handed the phone back to me,I looked at him with a grin.

Dad;Who the fuck is that? You better not be slutting around Lily.

Me;what's it to you, if you must know hes my boyfriend, not like you fucking care about me anyway.

Dad;You stupid cow, im glad you left, your mum has left and now I finally have the house to myself, fuck you Lily.

Then he hung up.

I burst into tears, how could my dad ever speak to me like that? Im so glad I left, imagine what he would be like if I still lived there. Alan pulled me into his chest and cuddled me, he kissed my forehead. "Don't listen to him Lily, you're beautiful" Alan said as he rubbed my back.

"So, boyfriend aye," Alan started off trying to change the subject "I didn't know we were official now" then he winked at me, "of course we are, silly, we have been for ages really" I replied, I then felt a sudden glow of pride, I never thought I would be with someone who would treat me right, and also be one of my favourite musicians.

The doorbell rang the next morning, I answered to find Austin's usual cheery face at the door. We all got in the tour bus and started our journey to Warped Tour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The atmosphere at Warped was amazing, everyone cheering, laughing, crying, having an amazing time. It was brilliant. The best part was, I was there, with Of Mice and Men. Alan holding my hand, and sometimes even Austin held his other hand, I laughed each time.

I eventually wandered off by myself to find some toilets, as I stood in the queue I saw a barely recognisable face in the crowd. I gasped as I realised the face belonged to my ex-boyfriend Tom, my heart dropped as my eyes darted the other way, I couldn't believe how different he looked. Smoking all sorts, black hair and piercings everywhere, a totally different look.

Unfortunately however I soon found out first hand his personality was exactly the same when he started to gather all his new friends and point over laughing. I hung my head and therefore did not see Tom making his way over until I felt a hard punch in my side, I collapsed.