Chapter Twenty Four

*Alan's POV*

I woke up with Barney's tongue licking my face, disgusting. I rolled over to reach for Lily and cuddle her, only she wasn't there, I felt like there was an empty space in my life, I really didn't know what to do with myself. Today it's her funeral service, it's been almost a week since she passed and I just haven't convinced myself that it's really happened yet.

I got dressed in the suit that I and Lily got married in, it made me feel closer to her in a way and it held the most special memory in the fabrics; the happiest day of my life. Austin soon turned up at my front door, he had his suitcases with him as I had asked him to come and stay with me for a while, I couldn't deal with being alone any longer. I know Austin won't be the same sort of company but it's better than nothingness, he is my best friend after all.

Austin also wore his suit from the wedding; I just assumed he had the same idea as me. No smiles were exchanged as he dragged in his suitcases and sat down on the couch in the front room. Austin broke the awkward silence after a while "Hey, I'm going to make bacon sandwiches, you want one?" he asked, I just looked at him and nodded.

*Austin's POV*

I walked into the kitchen to make me and Alan a bacon sandwich each. Everything felt intense and awkward so I had to leave the room, normally I'm the kind of person who makes jokes to lighten the mood, but there is no way ever you could make jokes in this situation, so it was weird for me to not make people smile.

It's going to be a very long and difficult day.

*Alan's POV*

Austin handed me a sandwich and we silently ate them, not even the TV nor the radio was on quietly, just silence.

All the others soon turned up, Mike, Vic and Tony came in first, and they were all smartly dressed. Also Rihanna and Stacy came along with them three, I had no idea where Jaime was though. Damien, Kellin and the rest of his band shortly arrived and so did a few other friends. Finally Jaime arrived, he looked terrible like he hadn't slept for days and had lost a huge amount of weight.

Lily's dad came round last of all, I went to shake his hand, instead he pulled me in for a huge hug, it was weird but I could tell he was really upset to be hugging me. I suppose we are family.

"Jaime, have you slept?" I asked walking over to Jaime who was just sat in the corner of the front room. "Not at all, it's impossible" he slowly replied in a slight whisper. I know he was pretty close to Lily so I just gave him a hug and soon after everyone began leaving to the memorial.

I felt like my whole world was crashing in front of me as we drove to the cemetery to go to Lily's funeral. I didn't talk to anyone the whole journey, no one really talked at all. It's amazing how one person could have such an impact on so many lives, and no one really ever notices until your dead.

As we entered the church, I saw many people I knew because of Lily, I could hear a song playing in the background it didn't have any words, just beautiful music. Whenever she wanted to calm down, she would listen to this song as it wasn't too heavy, but it wasn't too weak either, just perfect.

Everyone sat down, Lily's dad was the first one to make a speech, he paused a few times during the letter he had wrote, trying to hold back his tears and remain strong for everyone. A few other people went until it was me, I had prepared a whole speech, and I read it to the best of my ability without bawling out my eyes, it was traumatising.

As the curtains closed and her body began burning, I walked over to Kellin and hugged him, she was his best friend, and even I knew that. We didn't want to keep her ashes in a pot, it seemed pointless as it would only make it harder to let go. Everyone bought flowers to her grave and we all silently stood, as if we were waiting for something to happen.

After we got back home from the funeral I decided I wanted to go for a walk, I needed to clear my head. I walked to the most beautiful place I could think of, a colossal bridge that over looked the city. I stood and just let the cool breeze of the evening drift past me, I went to sit on the edge until I looked down and saw a phone, I wondered whether I should pick it up or not, then I realized it was Lily's phone, she always put gems on the back of her iPhone, like a child.

'1 new message' flashed up on the screen, it was dated to a couple of days back, but everyone knew she was gone so who would be trying to text her. I opened the message, to my horror it read; 'You took her away from me, so I took her away from you.'