Chapter Twenty

It was now the day after the wedding, I couldn't of been happier, I woke up next to my husband. Wow it felt good to say husband. I woke Alan up "Baby, im going to the market" I kissed his forehead, still half asleep he just grunted at me, I took that as a 'okay' and began getting dressed to go to the market.

It looked nice and warm outside so I decided to walk Barney to the market, Barney got excited as usual, he always did when he knew he was going for a walk. I put him on his lead and left the house. I could feel a cool but refreshing breeze rushing against me as I walked down the street, quite a few people were out, a few with their dogs, Barney made some new pals.

Even though the weather was beautiful I could still feel a violent presence lingering behind me, I quickly shot my head backwards to see a dark figure practically jump behind a massive tree. I brushed it off, I was probably just seeing things. I then heard footsteps, they got louder and faster behind me, I started panicking, I pretended something was wrong with my shoe and stepped aside and bent down to fuss over my shoe.

The person quickly rushed past me, hands in pockets, hood up and all in black, it was boiling hot, what is wrong with that person. I stood back up and carried on my journey to the local market.

I shopped for a bit but then I could see Barney was beginning to feel tired, I started to feel the exhaustion too. It had gotten a little bit darker by now and also the wind had picked up. I pulled out Alan's hoodie from my bag and threw it over my head. "Sorry Barney, I don't have one for dogs" I said as I heard Barney whimper.

The streets were more silent now, apart from one more set of footsteps I just could not ignore, I kept turning around every five minutes to see if someone was behind me, they weren't. I just continued walking down the road back home, although as I took a few steps, I bumped into a familiar character, they slowly pulled down their hood.

"Austin, thank god, were you following me?" I felt a rush of relief fly over me now that I was standing with Austin. "No what the hell? I'm just waiting for someone" he then pointed towards the house we were standing next to. "Oh, who?" I asked trying to get away from the subject of me thinking Austin was following me, what was I thinking.

"Stacy lives here" he smiled and leaned up against a lamppost. He looked like he was hiding something, and I was right. "She's your girlfriend isn't she?" I said with a gasp and I hit his arm playfully. "Yeah, don't be embarrassing when she comes out" he said with a laugh and hit me back. "Well, actually im going to carry on home, but have fun" I said in reply, it was getting cold and I didn't fancy standing around for ages.

"Alright, bye Lily, bye Barney" he patted Barney's head and I started off down the street once again, it almost seemed like this street went on forever sometimes, I just wanted to get home.

About 5 minutes from home I could feel the horrible presence again, I then heard a cough from behind me, I felt like my heart was going to come popping through my chest any minute. I walked a bit faster, faster, until I was practically running. I could hear the exact same pace being walked behind me, and no, it wasn't Barney, his paws made a different sound.

I whispered to myself, and Barney I guess,"Okay, Barney looks like were going for a run" I then changed my walk into a sprint, I could see my house from here, I was going to be okay. "Come on boy" I shouted down at Barney and tried to pat my leg to make him hurry up as he was being slow.

I didn't even know if someone was following me or not, I just wanted to get inside and to Alan, the only time I ever felt safe. Finally my front door was in sight, I had ran so much that by the time I got inside the house, I slammed the door shut and fell to the floor sweating and gasping for breath. It was definitely the last bit of running that wore me out.

Alan was soon rushing to my side along with Kellin, "Lily, what the hell?" he panicked and started to drag me off the floor. I could barely breath let alone explain what just happened. I held my finger up to him, telling him I needed to catch my breath before I could actually speak.

Alan handed me some water and also gave some to Barney, "Okay, so I think someone was following me" I quietly said to them, I felt like crying, what would of happened if I actually was and I hadn't ran?

Alan hugged me tightly, "It's okay your safe now" he continuously kissed the top of my head. "Your not going out without any of us now, you know that right?" Kellin said, I nodded, if anything I didn't want to. I then felt my stomach do a flip. "Alan, you have to go to that meeting tonight remember?" I wish I didn't have to remind him, but it was important, he would be out till late though.

"It's okay man, I will stay and look after her" Kellin said and patted Alan on the back. Alan smiled at him, "Thanks man" he hugged Kellin. "Sorry Lily, you don't mind do you?" Alan asked, to be honest I didn't care as long as I wasn't alone, I felt so insecure right now. I just shook my head at Alan and then Kellin hugged me.

Kellin turned to Alan, "Hey, you don't mind Mike and Jaime coming round do you?" he picked up the xbox controllers, that's right, there just happened to be three for the certain game they wanted to play, they knew I wouldnt play.

"Yeah sure man, whatever" Alan replied as he began packing a rucksack full of just usual things, he was going to be out for a few hours. He finally kissed me goodbye and left.