Chapter Six

His foot was only a few centimetres away from my face when I was pulled quickly off the ground. I then saw two guys jumping on Tom and his friend. I then recognized it was Alan and Austin. I turned around to look who had saved me from getting my face crushed, it was Kellin. "You must be Lily, whos that jerk?" Kellin asked. I couldn't answer I was too shocked of what just happened. I slowly started falling to the floor, I knew it was happening, I just couldn't stop myself. Kellin kneeled by my side, "Lily? Can you hear me?" he carried on holding my head up and shaking my shoulders. Of course I could hear him, I just couldn't speak , what was happening?

Suddenly Austin's face appeared above me, I still couldn't speak, all I could do was stare. I felt like I was going to faint, slowly my head started to spin, then my eyes, then Alan's face appeared next to Austin's except his was covered in blood? I jolted up quickly "Alan, are you okay?" I grabbed his head and just stared at his red face. "Oh thank god you're okay!" Kellin smiled and hugged me.

Alan took my hands and kept telling me he was okay, but his lip was continuously bleeding. He didn't look badly hurt so I just kissed his forehead and started picking myself up off the floor.

I noticed Austin's big gleaming smile, what was he so happy about? "Look!" Austin said, as if he had read my mind, I looked towards where his finger was pointing and saw a pretty battered up Tom being packed into the back of a police van with all his friends. I walked over to Alan and Austin and thanked them, I think I thanked them too much, as the day went on I kept saying thank you over and over.

Later on as Alan, Austin, Kellin and I arrived home, I noticed Alan kept fussing over his nose, I kept asking if he was okay, but he just answered with a simple "yep" each time. I tried not to let it bother me, but the truth is, it did, he seemed so moody. I finally took his hand and walked him to the bathroom so we were alone. "Alan, what is bothering you?" I stared him straight in the eyes, whilst holding his shoulders.

"Nothing" he replied as he tried to struggle out of my grip and towards the bathroom door. I took a firmer grip and said "Alan, im not letting you leave until you tell me." He finally gave in and quietly replied "Well, first I break my nose for you, and then you spend the whole day today flirting around with Kellin, it just made me feel stupid and useless". Oh, he must of seen me giving Kellin a few big hugs, he was being stupid, but not in the way he thought. "Alan, he was the one who dragged me off the floor so Tom didn't stamp on my face" I looked at him with a small smile on my face. He couldn't help but smile back, "Man, I do feel pretty dumb right now" and with that, he hugged me tightly.

"How is your nose anyway?" I asked trying not to seem rude as he couldn't stop touching it. "Oh, it's fine, I'm a strong boy you know" he laughed and walked out of the bathroom. I followed him, still laughing.

My phone started to buzz, I looked at the screen but I didn't know the number, I read the text anyway.

Hey Lily, It's Damien, Where are you, It's important x

As I read the message, my mouth slowly dropped open. All the boys were watching me, "What is it?" Alan finally asked. "My brother, he's text me" I showed them all the text. My brother hadn't contacted me for 3 years, he ran away when he was 13 and I was 14. We both lived with our mum and dad but Damien managed to get away from them earlier than I could, he must be about 16 by now, I quickly text him back.. Hi, I live with my boyfriend now, what's happened?x

Nothing could have prepared me for the text I received a few mintues later, I mean as much as I hate my family, reading his text, crushed my heart.

It's dad, I came home to see you, and I found dad, He's trying to hang himself, please come and help me Lily

I knew my dad was crazy but why would he want to kill himself? I hated him so much, but I never wanted him to die. I quickly threw a jacket on, text Damien saying I was on my way and then grabbed some shoes, off out the door I went. The boys had no idea where I was going or what I was doing, I just left.

I stood outside my old house, everything looked the same, the dread still came back the same. When I did live here, I would stand outside every time I came home and just take in the cool breeze, the freeness of the outside world, and then I would enter the hellhole.

The first thing I saw was Damien holding a chair underneath our dad's struggling feet. I knew it was Damien because I remember his stupid cross tattoo he done himself when he was 12 on his leg, that's what started the drama with mum and dad in the first place. I ran into the kitchen and quickly grabbed the first knife I could find. I climbed up onto the chair and cut the rope from above the fat, fidgeting, old man.

He fell to the floor also knocking me off the chair. His cough spluttering out and also the stench of beer. "Dad, what the fuck?" Damien started off as he cut the rope from round our dad's neck.

After a long chat with our dad, it turned out he suffered from a strong case of depression, he had just hidden it from everyone and himself with booze. He hated it when Damien left, When I left and then when Mum finally left, he just didn't want to seem upset, so he turned his sadness to anger with alcohol. We finally managed to convince him to take up counseling for his depression and drinking problem.