It doesn't take that long to get to Mar's school, but I think maybe that was because I was so caught up in my thoughts. I all but run into the building, right to the office, bursting in through the doors like a hurricane. "Hi-hello, I'm here for Marley. I'm so sorry about this."

"It's not a problem Miss Dunn; things happen. Now let me just go get Marley. Can you hold on one second?" I nod and take a seat on the bench. "Actually, would you like to come with me?"

I nod and hop up, following who I presume is Shannon to the classroom. We get there and I see Marley through the little door window, playing a board game with his teacher. Shannon opens the door and both Marley and his teacher look up. "Mummy!" He squeals, jumping up and running to me.

I kneel down on one knee and open my arms wide. He rushes right into them. "Hi baby. I'm so sorry." And because I'm overly emotional and my period just started today, I start tearing up. "I'm so, so sorry baby."

He pulls away. "Why you cryin?" He looks so alarmed. "Don't cry, mummy."

I chuckle, and I catch the teacher's faces as they offer me a small smile. "I know. I'm just so happy to see my big boy."

"It's okay. I thoughted daddy was comin', but you comed to pick me up from school. We gonna go home now?"

"Of course." I ruffle his hair and he scrunches his face up when I plant a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "You want me to help you get your stuff?"

"I gots it all in my backpack."

"Okay, well let's get going then, okay?" He nods and runs off to get his little sweater and racecar backpack that Harry got him for his birthday. My little ball of sunshine.

*

We get back to the house, and it's quiet. I know right away that Zayn's not here. I had a feeling, considering he wouldn't answer the phone. And I even took my chances and called the house phone, but of course, no one picked up.

"Daddy and Li Li and my friend not here?"

"No, baby." I don't know where the hell they are. "Do you want a snack?"

"I have apple sauce?"

"Sure thing." I let my rising panic subside as I get a cup of applesauce out of the fridge and give it to Marley, along with a spoon.

"Come on mummy. You gonna come wid me and I gonna show you what I learn in school today, okay?"

I let him tug me along, but I can't stop my fingers from tapping incessantly as we sit down on the floor. Marley pulls a bunch of art projects from his bag, including a sheet in the shape of a firetruck and a Ziploc baggy with assorted colors of tissue paper squares in it.

"She sayed we gonna do dis..." He takes the tissue paper out of the bag after I help him open it. He crumples it into tiny pieces, and places the little balls on the firetruck sheet. "We did dis one today and I likeded it, so she gived me some stuffs and sayed I could-I could do it at home wid you and daddy."

I smile; I can already tell he's gonna be artsy like Zayn.

Zayn. Gosh, he's giving me a fricking headache.

"We got da glue?"

I nod, and get up to go to the kitchen to get some; it should be around here somewhere. I hear my phone chime and I all but race back into the living room with the glue to get it.

From: Eleanor

Hey, I've got Li. Zayn said to bring her to you when you get off of work