Chapter Twenty-One

Mulai dari awal

Finally he spoke, but he spoke more slowly as if he were talking to someone that wasn't intelligent in the slightest. "As I just explained, we need to discuss your safety in The First Order." 

I slightly squinted me eyes at him from across the table and frowned. "Okay." There was a hint of defiance, sass, and annoyance laced into my short-worded response. 

"I have a few solutions that will work perfectly if we execute all of them perfectly. I'm only telling you them to make sure you're aware of what will be going on and see if you have any proposals or thoughts of your own." He said. I noticed Kylo Ren was not asking me for my permission. He would go through with his 'solutions' anyways. 

"The first solution, obviously, is to continue your training with me. The more time you practice handling a lightsaber or a weapon of any kind the more skilled you'll get. We want you prepared for when you're put into battle." He explained in a very matter-of-a-fact tone. Kylo Ren paused to see if I had any input. I shrugged and he continued. 

"You will also be given some armor within the next few days. It will be for battle and for battle only." Kylo Ren paused again. This time I did have a question. 

"Will I be slowed down at all?" I asked, knowing fully well that half of the reason I'm any good in combat is because of my nimble speed. "I would have the armor created in a lab specifically for your body figure and combat type." He answered. 

"Will I get to design any part of it?" I questioned hopefully. I would want whatever armor I was given to have a little bit of me put into it.

"No." He answered blandly. "Why not?" I replied. I was now slightly upset for some childish reason. I didn't want to be upset over something that was such a small ordeal but I was, at least a little bit. 

"That's a nonsensical concept. The next solution is one that I haven't confided in anyone else," At his words, my anticipation was amplified, "The solution is to slowly but surely prove that you're in alliance with The First Order, train you well enough, and rise you into a high position of power so everyone will respect you. No one would lay a finger on you if you were in a higher position in our government." 

The anticipation balloon that was completely swelled in me popped and slowly deflated. I then suddenly realized what I wanted my destiny to be, and it did not lie in the middle of The First Order's base. 

I realized that I had some sort of will to be a free woman. I wanted to be a powerful individual that no one controlled or could boss around except for me and only me. It hit me that I strived for independency. 

As these thoughts whirled through my head, Kylo Ren was silent. I must've had a look of deep thought upon my features. 

"What if . . . What if I don't want to be in a place of high position for The First Order?" I asked, and he replied nanoseconds after I asked the daring question. 

"Don't you ever speak of that ever again. Don't you ever think like that ever again. When you were taken from Tunstead, you may not have known it at the time, or even right now it seems, but when you were taken from Tunstead your allegiance changed. It doesn't matter if you wanted it to or not. No matter where you think your loyalties lie, dear Nira -- ever since you were taken you have been obligated to have devotion to The First Order." He spoke quickly and it took me a slow moment to process what he'd said.

"But, why?" My voice was strong and confident. I was not yet impacted by his speech.

"If anyone from The First Order finds out your deference lies elsewhere you will be executed within minutes, whether it be an order and organized or a lawless murder. You must never speak like that again."