Who's Taking Care of Who?

Start from the beginning

Suddenly being filed with determination, I lifted myself up and my left foot landed on the first step. I smiled a bit, feeling successful. I then did it again, landing on the second step. I almost fell backwards, but I managed to regain my balance. I continued this a few more times, then bent down to pick up the bowl. I then moved the bowl up some more steps, then repeated the whole process a few more times.

I was eventually completely successful, and it took me about five minutes to do so. I then picked up the bowl again and somehow managed to reach OJ's room.

OJ's POV:
Marsh and I were sitting in the living room on the couch, simply talking and laughing.

"Hee hee, OJ, you're so funny!" Marsh giggled a bit. I laughed a bit, then gently brushed her soft, white hair behind her right ear. Her cheeks turned an adorable shade of pink as she looked down at the floor. I lightly placed my hand on her cheek, causing her to look back at me. I slowly leaned in closer to her and she did the same, our eyes closing. Our lips were just inches apart.

Centimeters.

Millimeters.

They were so close together, and the gap between us was just about to be closed.

I suddenly no longer felt Marsh. I snapped open my eyes and simply saw my hand, in mid-air, where it was just on Marsh's cheek.

"What...?" I quietly questioned myself. I suddenly heard a high-pitched scream fill the room.

"OJ!" the voice exclaimed. I looked down at the floor, well, at what was the floor. The floor was completely gone. Instead, I stared into an abyss that seemed to go on forever. Burning flames of fire came up from it. I immediately pulled my legs up onto the couch.

"What the heck is this?!?!" I frantically asked myself.

"OJ!! OJ!!" the voice exclaimed again. I look and saw Marsh hanging off the couch, clinging for dear life.

"Marsh!!" I exclaimed, then immediately rushed to save her. She suddenly slipped, but I quickly grabbed her hand before she fell.

"OJ!!!"

"Don't worry, I got you Marsh," I told her, then began to pull her up.

All of a sudden, I could feel her being pulled back down. Marsh screamed in terror. I looked down and saw what, or should I say, who was grabbing her waist.

"Marsh~ I'm back~" a familiar voice said.

"Graham Cracker?!?!" I exclaimed, trying as hard as possible to save Marsh.

"She's mine... Forever," GC's voice became demonic as he pulled Marsh down into the fiery hell-pit.

"NO!!! MARSH!!!" I shouted, forced to stare at her as she fell into the abyss. The room began to shake, as if a massive earthquake was occurring.

"OJ!!!"

Marsh's POV:
"OJ?" I asked after I walked into his room. He was asleep on his bed, but the covers were all messed up, like he had been tossing and turning for a while. They only covered the lower half of his body, but I soon noticed that he was shirtless. "Oh my marsh... U-um..." I wasn't expecting that at all as I felt my face heat up quite a bit. I could then hear him mumbling a bit in his sleep.

"Haha..." he quietly laughed a bit in his sleep. Must be dreaming... I figured.

"OJ?" I asked again, a bit louder this time.

"Wh-what...?" he mumbled again.

"OJ?" No response. "OJ??"

"Marsh..." he mumbled, but clearly wasn't awake.