The Journal [boyxboy]

Start from the beginning

Matt gripped my arm and forced me to face him again. He had a frown on his face as he searched my eyes.

"Emerson, I'm sorry about yesterday," he said.

"No, you're not. You thought it was the funniest thing in the world when they egged my car!" I snapped, pointing at a group of kids sitting in the corner.

"Aw, calm down Emerson," the leader of that little group, Caleb, said and his friends snickered.

"Seriously Emerson, you're overreacting. They were just messing around with you!" Matt said.

"Matt, they egged my car!" I said furiously. "That's not funny! They were just being assholes to me and you know it!"

"Baby, calm down," Matt said gently, pulling me close and kissing me. "They were just messing around. I promise."

"That was a nice fall you took on the hill today," Caleb said, gesturing at my knees.

I made a face. I knew it had been them walking behind me. My eyes shot to Matt, who looked amused.

"Are you going to let him talk to me like that?" I demanded.

"He's just joking Emerson," Matt said, rolling his eyes and laughing.

I smacked his arm. "No he's not! He's always been an asshole to me, Matt! Him and his friends. You know that, and you never stand up for me. I'm your boyfriend!"

"And they're my friends," he said, his patience starting to slip. "Don't be selfish Emerson."

I stared at him, my mouth dropping open in shock. "I'm being selfish? Matt, they have physically and emotionally bullied me for years and I put up with it without a word until just a few days ago. And why? Because I love you, and I knew it would make you upset. Sorry I got sick of them beating me up behind your back and verbally abusing me to your oblivious, uncaring face."

"I do care about you. You're just being a little bitch about all of this," Matt said, his voice irritated.

"Oh, I'm a little bitch about it Matt? Some boyfriend you are," I said, yanking my arm out of his grip.

Ever since I had told him that Caleb and the rest of his little asshole friends had been abusing me, we had started fighting. Matt didn't believe me, even when he witnessed the verbal abuse. He just kept getting mad at me for wanting him to do something about it. And now Caleb and his group were after me even more for telling Matt. The whole situation was giving me massive headaches and putting me in the worst mood possible.

"Aw, Emerson is a little cry baby faggot," Caleb said, smirking.

"Oh, he's a real swell guy, Matt. You pick the best friends," I said, my voice viciously sarcastic.

"He's kidding Emerson!" Matt said, glaring at me.

"No he's not!" I exploded. "He's not kidding and you know it!"

Caleb got up and came over to me. We had the entire class's attention by now. The elderly substitute seemed to have fallen asleep at his desk.

"Shut up Emerson. You're an annoying whiny bitch," he said, slapping me.

I stared at Matt in shock as he started laughing. I gently touched my stinging cheek, more hurt by Matt's laughter than Caleb's slap.

"Are you seriously laughing?" I asked.

"Yea," Matt said with a nod. "Because you deserved that. A bitch slap for a bitch."

Caleb and his friends started laughing, and Matt joined them. I blushed in embarrassment as my eyes started to water.