Bitterly Sweet | Chapter Two

Bitterly Sweet•Chapter Two
"The Questioning"

"Eren Jaeger, witness of SC murder. Kept it classified." Mikasa circled me in the questioning room. My hands were currently handcuffed to the chair due to constant struggle. "Mika! Let me go!" I cried. "Keep it down, Eren. I still want to know why the fuck you kept it a secret!" Her eyes held hurt and anger, "You know what, fuck you Eren!" I shut my eyes close as she slapped me in the face.

The door burst open and two officers had to hold her back to keep her from beating me up. So there I was, getting questioned by my sister in my blue onesie at the police station. After another officer finished up the questions that Mikasa hadn't asked, they let me go. I rubbed at my wrists from the handcuffs being so tight. I'd never thought they would handcuff a witness!

They needed me. But I probably should clear up some things.

2 hours ago
"FBI! Put your hands where I can see them!" My eyes got wide as I put my hands up cautiously. 'Did they put me up to this?' I wondered in my head. Mikasa held a hard expression the whole time.

That's basically what happened. Nothing too extreme. Armin drove us home and I was silent the whole time. Mikasa went home early due to her violence at the station. "Eren, just know that you can tell us what happened." Armin said a small voice. I gulped and looked at my phone.

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
You naïve little creature.

Hell no. I know this isn't Levi.

Who the hell are you?

Not even a minute later he replied.

(xxx) xxx-xxx
No one important right now. I take it you got questioned? Good, that was our plan. Mikasa is a feisty one, huh?

What the fuck?!

I turned off my phone, deciding that it may be a set up again. I didn't even notice we were home by then. I hopped out of the car and gasped at the front lawn. Armin had his hands in his hair and a shocked expression on his face. "MIKASA!" He yelled.

My clothes were scattered across the lawn and I saw Mikasa crouched down holding some glass. Glass that looked very familiar. I ran over to see what she had broken. She looked at me with tear filled eyes, "Eren, I'm so sorry. I was angry I wasn't thinking." She sobbed. Then I realized what she broke.

My mother's music box. "Mikasa..." I chocked back a sob. "Mikasa..." I backed away from her and ran. Ran far away from my house. Ran from Mikasa. Ran away from my heartbreak.

"Hey baby!" My mother's weak yet happy voice filled the room. I got up and ran over to her hospital bed. "I know that I'm not going to make it, so have this to keep me with you, ok?" I nodded and clutched her hand. She handed me the music box. I quickly tried to open it, but she put her cold hand over mine as a signal to wait.

"Not yet. When I'm gone, bab-" she started coughing up blood violently and the nurses rushed into the room, shooing me out. I clutched the music box outside, waiting patiently for the results with tears on my face. The minute I heard the talking stop, I knew one thing...

She was gone.

I opened the music box and my mother's sweet voice filled my ears. "I know I'm gone sweetie, but just incase you have nightmares at night, here's a lullaby." The music started playing and I listened to it till the very end. "I love you so much, I can't even put it into words. Remember, be kind to everyone and you'll make the world a better place."

All of it was gone. My mother's voice. My mother's lullaby. My mother's heart. I wiped the tears off my eyes and cried loudly, people came outside of their houses to see what was happening.

I ran into the city and into empty alley, leaning against the brick wall. "Now, what do we have here? It seems like I keep running into you." Levi smirked. He had blood on his face and arms, but I didn't question it. He noticed my sniffles and I swear I saw his expression soften a bit, "What's wrong?"

I bit my lip and held back my emotions. I shut my eyes and wrapped my arms around my knees. My head started getting heavy, and my breathing evened out. I was falling asleep. Before my brain decided to rest, I felt Levi pick me up.

Clutching my head, I opened my eyes and sat up. After giving my eyes a good rub, I looked at my surroundings. There was a big glass wall overlooking the city and balcony beyond that too. The whole room had a modern style to it, with a chandelier over the bed and shiny black interior. I was sitting in a stranger's bed, but whose?

"Good morning sleepy head." Levi walked into the room with a glass of water and some pills, "I noticed the wound on the back of your head, so I figured you would want to help out with the pain. Don't worry, they aren't drugs." He set them on the side table and put his hand on my forehead. "I know it's none of my business, but how did you get this?" He asked, motioning to the back of my head.

"My sister punched me and I fell backwards on a counter corner." I said looking at my hands. I felt him staring at me, causing me to blush a crimson red. "Why would she do that?" He asked again. This was just like at the police station! "She got mad at me because I didn't tell her about the bakery incident. She's a FBI agent." I explained.

"I see..." He furrowed his eyebrows and silently walked out of the room. "I'll be right back." He said. I nodded and took the pills he gave me, lying down right after. Levi came back a few minutes later and went under the covers with me, causing me to stiffen up and flinch when he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

For some reason, I felt comfortable, but then I remembered. Eren! What are you doing?! He's a killer. A very hot killer. No! Bad Eren! I blushed yet again and buried my face in the pillow. I heard the door open and a loud squeal erupted from the person. She had bright red hair tied into pigtails, big bright green eyes and a huge smile. She looked to be my height if not a little shorter.

"Big bro! I didn't know you liked women!" She laughed. "Isabel, Eren's male." How did he get my name? "Oh, I'm sorry sweetie. You're just so pretty." She drooled. "Paws off Izzy. He's mine." Levi's harsh tone demanded. His?! What the fuck?!

"What the fuck?! I just met you two days ago!" I said, struggling to get out of his hold. "Aw, I actually liked this one. Too bad he's a one night stand." Isabel rolled her bottom lip down and slouched. I finally rolled out of the bed and out of his hold, getting up to find myself naked.

"Take that back. He's not a one night stand, he has one nice ass." Isabel started coming closer to me as I backed up. "Cadet Isabel!" Levi yelled. She stopped and saluted. "Get away from him, that's an order." She smiled but backed away, "Yes sir." I'm even more confused.

"Eren, get some clothes on. They're on the dresser, we're leaving." He walked out of the room as I struggled to get my underwear on. "Where are we going?" I zipped up my onesie and followed Isabel and Levi out.

"To Survey Corps HQ."