Bitterly Sweet | Chapter One

Bitterly Sweet•Chapter One
"The Mystery Man"

Still traumatized from the previous events, I walked home from the bakery. That man...killed someone. Then he threatened to kill me! That bastard. I know it's dangerous not to tell anyone, but then again, I've got a big mouth.

I unlocked the door and was immediately greeted by an angry Mikasa still in uniform. "What took you so long? You were supposed be home 15 minutes ago. I almost went out to kill somebody!" She fumed. I know who killed somebody. "Ah, Mikasa. You know you'll get fired if you do that." I said, setting my keys in the bowl.

"Well, if the problem resorts to it, I will." She growled. I rolled my eyes as shrugged off my jacket and putting it on the coat rack, then putting my shoes in the shoe rack as well. "I know." I sighed. Mikasa scanned me up and down, eyes narrowing as she saw my pale face. "What's wrong Eren?" She didn't really ask, more like she commanded.

"Nothing Mika, just some customer that was being annoying." I gulped. "Then what about your shoes? They have blood on them." She pointed to my pink winter boots that had a few blood splatters on the toes. "I was cutting some strawberries and I cut my finger." I said looking down. Worse case scenario, a murderer tells you not to tell anyone about a kill that happened right in your face and your overprotective FBI agent sister starts questioning you about it. Why me?

"Bullcrap. Eren what the hell happened and you better tell me! Don't forget I can take you in as a witness." She threatened. My eyes widened as I looked at my sock covered feet. She wouldn't do that to her own brother, would she? "I told you it was nothing Mika. I-I'm going to bed." I mumbled and shut the door to my room that I shared with Armin. He was already under his blankets, his soft breathing filling the room.

I decided just to sleep in my leggings and sweater, jumping into bed. My dreams were filled with nothing but bloody murder.

I woke up at 6:00 AM to take a shower and make breakfast for Mikasa and Armin. They were up by 7:00 AM and the plates were already on the table. 10 minutes later, Armin came out in uniform licking his lips, "Mmm, I love pancakes, eggs, sausage..." He murmured to himself. He sat down and immediately dug in. I chuckled to myself and ate as well.

Mikasa came in minutes later, a hard glare sent my way, and sat down not saying a word. It was comfortable silence for the most part until Armin and Mikasa left. I was all alone in the house and decided to just go out to shop for dinner. Putting on my shoes, that I noticed Mikasa cleaned, and grabbing my keys, I left the house and entered the car. I noticed that today Mikasa and Armin carpooled.

Driving to the nearest grocery store, I pulled up a recipe I needed for dinner tonight. I was planning on making Chicken Alfredo with strawberry shortcakes as dessert. The first on my list was pasta. As soon as I turned into the pasta isle, I ran into a face full of boobs. "I-I'm sorry!" I stuttered out and helped the woman up.

She had brown hair pulled into a high ponytail, big brown eyes covered with glasses (more like goggles). Did I mention she was very tall? "No worries kiddo! Omg you're so cute!" She squealed and pinched my cheeks. I blushed a crimson red and looked down at my pink shoes. "Oi, stop harassing brats." A familiar voice called out behind her.

He pulled the woman's hair back to reveal himself. The mystery man from last night! I thought in my head. "I'm not harassing him! He doesn't mind, right?" The woman looked over at me a crazy smile. I gulped and nodded. "See Levi? He doesn't mind." She cackled.

"Levi? So that's your name!" I stared at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "So, what about it? I take it you haven't told anyone about what happened last, did you?" He scoffed. I shook my head. "What?! Levi! What did you do?! Was this the boy that was working at the bakery last night?" Her tone went from happy to serious. It was crazy how fast this woman changed.

"Go away Hanji, it's none of your business." Levi pushed her aside and walked away. Hanji sighed and looked my way, "Sorry kiddo. He's a little cruel. Here's my number, just contact me when you want more info on the little critter." She smiled and continued after Levi. I heard her calling out to Levi in the distance, "You're right Levi! He is your type!" I blushed and continued my shopping, glancing at the phone number every so often.

"We're home!" Armin called from the front door. I put the pasta on the plates and set them down at the table. Then, I set a glass of cool water right next to it. "Good, cause dinners ready." I said. I set the strawberry shortcake on the side.

"Oh my gosh, this looks amazing Eren! Wow!" Armin looked at the food with bright eyes. I gave him a tired smile and yawned, "I already ate, so go ahead and enjoy. Just leave the plates in the sink, I'll wash them in the morning." Armin nodded and dug in. Mikasa entered the room and looked at me, "I know what happened last night, Eren." I froze in place and stared at her in shock.

Would that mean I would be killed by Levi? No, technically I didn't tell her. She found out. "I don't know what you're talking about, Mikasa." I whispered. "Cut the crap, Eren! Just admit it, one of the Survey Corps members killed someone in your bakery. Am I right, Eren?" She gave me a creepy yet sad smile.

"No you aren't because none of that happened last night." I said. She growled and grabbed me by the arm. "Ow! Mikasa you're hurting me!" I whined. "I don't give a damn if I'm hurting you right now. You better tell me what happened or I'll kick you out of this household, don't test me." She glared down at me. Tears were forming at the corners of my eyes as her grip on my arm tightened.

"Nothing happened, Mikasa! P-Please, you're hurting me." She let go, but then punched me in the stomach with so much force I fell on the ground and hit my head on the counter. "Again, Eren. Don't fucking test me." I was full on crying by now and reached to the back of my head to feel blood coming out. "Eren!" Armin jumped to my rescue and helped me clean up my wound. I went to sleep after that, but got a message on my phone.

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
Meet me outside.

I shook and grabbed my phone to give a short reply.

Who is this?

The message sent and three dots appeared on the opposite side.

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
It's Levi.

I covered my mouth my my hand. Oh my gosh, he's gonna kill me on my front lawn. What should I do? No reply? Object? Ask why?

Why should I meet you outside? What are you gonna do?

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
Just do it. If you're thinking I'm gonna kill you, you're wrong. I will though if you don't get your ass over here.

I shoved my iPhone in the pocket of my onesie and snuck outside. It was pitch black. "Levi?" I whispered.

"FBI! Put your hands where I can see them!"