Part 10

2 days before

Shadow

It had been hell waiting a full week for Shade to wake up. He knew she wasn't going to cope well with having only one arm. She would try to brush it off with jokes but Shadow knew she was going to fall apart. While Shade was in recovery Shadow went to go deal with more shake downs and most importantly, getting blackout drunk.

                So he was seated at the tavern close to the city gates. He was drinking heavily and ignoring most of the world around him. He was trying to drown out his wolf that cried out in pain. To feel one of your pack fall in battle, better yet you were there but couldn't save them? It was his fault, he thought she was fast, too fast to be hit. But something was wrong that day, she was thrown off by something. He still couldn't place what it was but she had been distracted the whole time they traveled. She barely spoke about what happened with that whole her dying and coming back. Something about purgatory was bugging her and she hadn't told him. Maybe that was her issue? She needed to talk about it? She didn't like being weak, she hated it when he could overpower her. He also hated it when he was trying to read her thoughts. Of course Shadow respected her privacy most of the time and didn't bug her but maybe he should have pushed?

                Then a great idea hit him, Maybe he should round up the stray wolves in the city and start his own pack? Not let anyone fuck with him or his sister ever again. They would have a small army and not have to deal about common stuff.

                He was beginning to think all this out when someone pulled him out of his thoughts by a tapping on his shoulder. He looked over glaring at who had done it until he saw a unusually attractive woman smiling at him. She was small, about half his height probably just tall enough to reach his mid rib. The women had blond hair and bright blue eyes. She smiled showing off perfectly white and straight teeth. "Yes?" he asked frowning as he knew he probably drank too much to keep a normal conversation going. "You wouldn't happen to know the way to the King's palace?" She asked and he had to think about it for a second. "Yes I know the way but it's going to cost you" he breathed and she smiled at him. "No problem" she said and he got up off the stool and began to stumble towards the door.

                He was silent as he was trying his best to remember the fastest route. "How's your sister doing?" She asked making Shadow stop in his tracks turning around facing her ready to rip her in pieces "How do you know about that?" he hissed. He felt his wolf taking control making his hand shift into claws. "I can feel your pain, just like you can read my thoughts" she said now he was frowning and confused. How did she know this? He then proceeded to pry in her pretty little head. The only thoughts that were going through her head was very sexual things she wanted to do to him. His boner was confused. "How do you know this?" he asked. She just smiled at him "I know who you are, what you are" she said and he frowned. A wolf? That wasn't what was going through her head, instead it was demigod. He frowned harder and she put her hands at his shoulders. "Don't think to hard sweety you might hurt yourself" she said and now he was pissed. "I should skin you for that" he growled at her. Still she smiled at him "as much as I want you to do that I have to be at the king's palace tonight" She said and Shadow grabbed her wrist "That's not going to happen now" he growled at her and her eyebrow rose inquestion. "Are you going to rape me?" she asked slightly confused but yet, not scared. Now he frowned again "No..." he answered now he was confused again. She was doing something to him. Manipulating him. "You're going to take me to the palace now right?' she asked and he shook off whatever it was she was trying to do to him. "No, I'm going to feed you to a vampire" He said and dragged her into a alleyway to get back to the house. To his surprise she didn't struggle at all. Only when they got to the door did she stop and he pulled her forward. "Shadow, stop!" she hissed at him before he could open the door. "Why?" he asked turning and facing her. "Because if I go in there, I'm going to do thing's I'll regret" she said it in an almost pleading manner. "I'm going to hold you still, as Sage drains the life out of you. Sent to the king or not, your dying this night" he growled not really knowing what he was saying do to his drunkness.

He forced her through the doors and as soon as they walked in a fist came at his head but he dodged turning back around at the women and grabbing both her wrists and pinning her against the wall. He easily overpowered her and she was frowning at him. "You don't know what you're doing" She had told him and he believed her. He had no idea what or why he was doing this? But maybe she was just manipulating him again? Reading her mind told him other wise. "She hasn't fed in a week, I'm sure you'll be fine" he said and he heard Sage clear her throat behind him.

                "What ever's going through your mind right now is wrong so let the girl go" Sage had told him and he grew angry sending his fist into the wall above this woman's head. Right next to the hole in the wall Shade had made... with her right hand... which was gone now.

                He let the girl go and she quickly left leaving him fuming with Sage watching him. "You need to take that testosterone somewhere else" she growled at him and he huffed as he stormed out of his own fucking house.

                As he walked back out the ally he noticed the same woman leaning against the building "Why are you still here?" he growled feeling his shift coming. "Well I could just leave you horny and alone" she said and he frowned was he horny. He had to look down at his raging boner to confirm that. He huffed in frustration but he decided if she was offering he would take her up on it. "To a tavern then?" he asked and she smiled "No follow me" she said taking his hand and leading him somewhere.

                He wasn't really paying attention, like walking with his eyes closed. "Well child of purgatory?" she asked and he opened his eyes, they were standing in the middle of a forest. Yet when had they walked out of the gates? Nothing made sense. "What are you?" he growled not liking what she was doing to him. "Same thing as you but not from purgatory, from heaven" She said and he could have swore he was drugged cause he watched white wings spread out from her back.

                "Angel?" he asked and she smiled "I suppose" she said and  jumped on him. Her legs wrapping around his waist and arms around his neck. He staggered but not because of her weight but because he thought she was attacking him. "Who are you?" he asked trying to ignore how uncomfortable his pants where. "Keara" she said and he couldn't help but look at her lips. there was no control as soon as his lips were on hers and he gently laid her down on the grass.